1 Reply Latest reply on May 18, 2011 9:35 PM by 3lliot

Playback very jerky at 720p

3lliot

I've got a short animation at 720p - not much going on, just some symbols moving around the screen - but playback in flash player is jerky (more flashy, actually) - not smooth at all.

I've got the latest video drivers for my card, running a dual-core 2.4GHz with 6GB of RAM - my CPU meter says it's having no trouble playing the flash.

The video card is an Nvidia quadro NVS 285 (pretty old & crap, but should have no problems).

I don't suppose anyone has got any ideas...?

I am using FlashEff2 for an effect but the entire animation is jerky, not just the bit with the FlashEff.

I would post the fla but I can't see any way to do that on this forum - if anyone would like to see the source, please email me at elliot dot sumner at gmail dot com.

• 1. Re: Playback very jerky at 720p
          3lliot Level 1

update - I just created a tiny little flash animation with a grey square moving across the screen over 30 frames, at 30fps, and the published swf is also really choppy it's flashing at what looks like about 15fps. same thing on a colleague's machine.

so it looks like flash isn't rendering the swf properly. could this be the case?