2 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2011 7:20 AM by kglad

Flash Menu ActionScript 2 Help: Correct Link Path BUT Incorrect "Menu Selection"

bakuhn123

I was wondering if anyone could grace me with some information.  I have been living in the stone ages when it comes to web design and have finally reached out to learn some basic flash.

I am working on a website for a family friend and have unfortunitly found myself in a rutt with part of my flash menu.

The site is www.luxuryincr.com ; If you view the site you will see my primary issue concerning the menu.

For example: If you were to click on "fishing" (http://luxuryincr.com/index-3.html) you will notice that after all the AS occurs, the menu goes to highlight "Home" instead of "Fishing" (which is not what I want to happen).  This is a reoccuring issue with numerous of the menu selections.  I am pretty sure it has something to do with the AS but cannot get a grip on it.

If anyone is able to help me out, I would be sooo greatful!

This is the AS for the "fishing" tab... I am unsure if this is even where the issue is taking place but I figure that there has to be someone whom is a genius in Flash and  may be able to point me in the correct direction.

onClipEvent (load) {
          num = 4;
          this.hitArea = this.area;
      }
      on (rollOver) {
          if (_root.page<>num) {
              this.gotoAndPlay("s1");
          }
      }
      on (releaseOutside, rollOut) {
          if (_root.page<>num) {
              this.gotoAndPlay("s2");
          }
      }
      on (release) {
          if (_root.page<>num) {
              _parent["item"+_root.page].gotoAndPlay("s2");
              _root.page = num;
              getURL("index-3.html");
          }
      }

Please! Any kind of help would be appriciated!! Thank you!!