• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Master Pages as Linked Resources

May 19, 2011 May 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, I'm using RH9.

I added our master pages as shared resources, thinking the writers could point directly to those.  However, I now see that they have to manually import those master pages into each project, which copies them down to their local machines.  Okay fine, a one-time thing isn't so bad, but if I update a master page, I don't want everyone to have to do the import again.  I found several pages on "linked resources" in the help, but when I open the Manage Linked Resources window, all of the panes are blank and everything except for the Close button is disabled.

How do I specify a shared location?  Once I get there, I think the rest will fall into place.  I assumed it looked at your Shared Resources settings to determine a shared location, but it's not.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2011 May 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff

Lots of variables here. But I'll do what I can to try and help.

When you work with Resource Manager you have different ways of using resources inside. You may use them as Linked resources or you may just copy the resources. Sounds like you want the linked type. Generally speaking, you just drag the resource from the Resource Manager to the project area. For example, for Master Pages, you drag to the Master Pages area of the Project Setup Pod.

As for setting up the Resource Manager to begin with, that would likely require a small tutorial. Basically you use the Icons in the Resource Manager pod to define types and locations.

Additionally, in the Project Options area you are able to define how the Resource Manager behaves.

I do offer an inexpensive eBook ($4.95) that walks you through all the facets of Resource Manager on my GooberGuides site. Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 20, 2011 May 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The help says that shared resources have a small symbol on their icon showing they're linked.  When I drag a master page from the Shared Resources pod to the Project Setup pod, they copy just fine, but the symbol showing they're linked doesn't display.  I checked my project settings, and I made sure that shared resources are set to be used as links.  If I right-click on the shared resource, the Link option is disabled, so I know I'm not just unaware that they're linked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 20, 2011 May 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Reading your guide...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp