Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default topic in compiled webhelp pro project is missing styles

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2009 Mar 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The default topic in my webhelp pro project is missing it's style. Of course it looks perfect locally, but terrible in development's test environment. All of the other topics look great - both locally and in test. It's just this one topic that looks terrible.

Any suggestions? Do you think this might be a deployment issue?

Thanks,

Angela
Sr. Online Help Author in Minneapolis, MN

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Angela. Can you check the topic in the generated output rather than the published output? Also how has the output been published? If you used the "Publish" button after generating all the required files should have been copied to the server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm actually not publishing to a server, just to my local machine. I pass the entire webhelp pro folder to dev for implementation into the app. Does that help? The reason I'm compiling using webhelp pro and not just webhelp is we're eventually going to switch over to publishing to a robohelp server.

Also, I checked the topic in the webhelp pro folder and it looks fine.

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have your developers got all the required files? Sounds like they are missing a style sheet. Another potential area to look at is whether they are using a different browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They should have all the files. All the other topics in the project use the same style sheet and those topics display accurately. Do you know if dev has to do something with the style sheet for each topic? Or does each topic automatically point to the style sheet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No they shouldn't have to do anything if all the files are present. I think it is time for a bit of detail about exactly what style is missing from the default topic. Is it the entire topic that looks bad or just bits of it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say you are generating WebHelp Pro because eventually you will have RoboHelp Server. Until you do, you cannot expect it to work properly.

Why not generate WebHelp until then and see if that works.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Column - the whole topic is messed up. The graphics dislpay right, but that's about it.

Peter - If I compile and hand over webhelp files instead, will dev have to recode anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so but not entirely sure. They will only have to save the new output and try it to find out so it's not a massive test.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks - I'll have them give it a try and see what happens. I'll report back after we test the solution.

Thanks Peter and Colum!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp