3 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2011 8:56 AM by Todd_Kopriva

Premiere Debug Event - Project.cpp-1843. Media Encoder crashes.

AndyJ85

Hi - my first post here.

I will try and provide as much information as I can. After looking at some others people's questions, I still cannot rectify this problem.

I am using Premiere CS5 (Version 5.0.3) to update a project that was on an external hard drive. I completed the updates to the video and tried to export to Media Encoder. I got the following message:

Premiere Pro has encountered an error

[..\..Src\Project\Project.cpp-1843]

Premiere then closes, but Media Encoder stays open.

After searching for that specific error on the web, I found nothing.

I have since moved the project to an internal hard drive - nope.

I have gone through the whole project to see if there are any corrupted files etc - nope.

I got this error a few days again, tried unsuccessfully to fix it, went into other projects and exported videos through Media Encoder fine. Came back into this project - same issue.

My PC is running Windows Vista Business 64-bit on an i7 2.67GHz processor with 12GB of RAM.

Unfortunately, Premiere does not provide me with any crash report - how do I get one?

If somebody could help me out, I would really appreciate - thanks!

• 1. Re: Premiere Debug Event - Project.cpp-1843. Media Encoder crashes.
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

I'm confused. Your subject line says that Adobe Media Encoder crashes, but the body of your post says that Premiere Pro crashes.

You say that it's just this project. Is it just one sequence in this project that is showing the problem?

• 2. Re: Premiere Debug Event - Project.cpp-1843. Media Encoder crashes.
            AndyJ85 Level 1

Hi Todd - thanks for your help.

My apologies, it is definitely Premiere that crashes. Media Encoder stays open, but obviously the file does not import into the Encoder properly because of the crash.

I have tried it on a second sequence in the project and it has the same error.

I've never had this problem before - my boss was trying to get the Mercury playback working a few days ago, maybe that has something to do with it?

Thanks.

• 3. Re: Premiere Debug Event - Project.cpp-1843. Media Encoder crashes.
              Todd_Kopriva Level 8

OK, so to be clear: When you try to export any sequence from a certain, single project, Premiere Pro crashes. But you can export fine from other projects.

If that is so, try creating a new project and importing the bad project into it. Same problem?

> my boss was trying to get the Mercury playback working a few days ago...

What, exactly, do you mean by this?

The term 'Mercury Playback Engine' refers to all of the performance improvements in Premiere Pro CS5 and later. Do you mean that he was trying to enable the CUDA processing features by changing the Renderer setting in the Project Settings dialog box to Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration? If so, try changing that back to  Mercury Playback Engine Software Only and see if that changes the problematic behavior.