4 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2011 6:29 AM by BapediBoupi

SOAP Request timeout

BapediBoupi Level 1

Hi everyone,

I've made a LC short-lived process, that I'll call using SOAP (as a WebService) :

It's a simple process which accepts a username to look for (string) as input and returns two strings (user ID and username found).

I've created another application with a form in which i linked this corresponding wsdl file.

My problem is when I try to invoke the service (using a button in my form), I got an error approximately 30 seconds after, because the request timed out.

Is there a way to extend the timeout for a soap request inside a pdf form ?

Kind regards,

Thomas

• 1. Re: SOAP Request timeout
          pguerett Level 6

Are you using Reader or Acrobat when you make this call?

Paul

• 2. Re: SOAP Request timeout
            BapediBoupi Level 1

I'm using Adobe Reader X inside the workspace.

Any suggestions ?

Regards,

Thomas

• 3. Re: SOAP Request timeout
              pguerett Level 6

Did you reader extend the form to allow web service calls? This must be done through LiveCycle Reader Extensions Server and cannot

be done through Acrobat.

Paul

• 4. Re: SOAP Request timeout
                BapediBoupi Level 1

Yes the form is reader extended to allow web services call ... But i've found a "solution"

I changed my webservice to make a direct query in the LiveCycle database, this way it is faster.

Then i made the call programatically in JavaScript. Now everything's working.

I've got a question though :

When I use the findUser operation, it took like 90 seconds to retrieve the corresponding users as an xml list.

When I use a direct Query multiple row (I wrote the sql request myself), it took like 5 secondes to retrieve the corresponding users as an xml list (with the same informations)

Why is the findUser operation so slow ? What does it do behind ?

Regards,

Thomas