1 Reply Latest reply on May 20, 2011 11:26 AM by Michael Thornburgh

Problem calling remote method

hgbimonti
      All the cirrus connection is working fine, I make one net  connection and get my key, then I make a net stream, do connection with  the other user, the problem happens when i send the remote method to  call on the other user application.

In the net status (using previuos created net  connection) event handler when the status get "Success" i make one  request like this:

myStream.send("myFunction"); (I don`t remember if is .send or .play, but i tested both for sure)

And i have a public function called myFunction() to be activated on the other side.

Everything looks fine, i got the connection but i can`t access the remote method myFunction().

If needed, i can send my code for you to see.

Sorry for my english.

Thanks a lot for helping!
        • 1. Re: Problem calling remote method
          Michael Thornburgh Adobe Employee

you can only call NetStream.send() on a publishing stream (one on which you have called NetStream.publish(streamName)).  and that NetStream must either be a client-server one (if talking to FMS) or a P2P one (either a group NetStream or a 1:1 one created as NetStream.DIRECT_CONNECTIONS).

on the subscriber side, your "myFunction" must be a function property on the subscribing NetStream.client object.