What version of Reader?
i downloaded yesterday the latest version 9.2.0.
and the same problem.
my windows is windows 7 home premium
The latest version of Reader is 10.0.1. The oldest Reader compatible with Win 7 is 9.4.
I had the old adobe upgraded but now i have installed adobe 10.
but the same problem stays.
it will not open windows live mail.
when i make a pdf and its on the screen in a tab of firefox, i was first looking for the mail button but i find that there appear a help on the bottem of the pdf and after clicking the adobe logo the email button was there,
after clicking on the button extra info appear on the right side of the pdf.
i made the choice to sent the email with my mail program and,
i have the screen to make a choice of sending a link or sending as attachment but when i make my choice and push de button attachment nothing happens for a long time and then the pdf file dissapear ( the tab of firefox is blanc. en nothing is happening anymore.
Try to do the following and then see if it works.
1) Open Acrobat/Reader and click Cntrl+K to open the preferences.
2) Select Online Services from the list on right hand side in preferences dialog and uncheck the checkbox "Use share pane to send email attachments". This will help you bypass the right hand side pane and you will not lose the pdf from list even if it doesnt get attached in the first attempt.
3) Now click the attach to email (mail icon) button and see if things work.
1) Make sure that live mail is the default email client. Go to Start menu and check the default programs.
2) Even if it is the default program check the 2 registry settings:
a) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail : Default should have the value Windows Live Mail
b) HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Clients\Mail : Default should have the value Windows Live Mail
Do let me know if you still face this issue.