4 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2011 8:16 AM by Gitano's uncle

How to convert Adobe Reader PDF file to blank RW CD?

Gitano's dad

Have been unable to accomplish this task.  Can any one lend some guidance?  Operating system is Windows XP Home Edition with SP 3.  Thank you.  Gitano's dad.

• 1. Re: How to convert Adobe Reader PDF file to blank RW CD?
          Claudio González Most Valuable Participant

I may be much dumber than usual today, but I cannot understand what you are trying to accomplish...

• 2. Re: How to convert Adobe Reader PDF file to blank RW CD?
            ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Don't feel alone Claudio. I can't figure it out either.

Are you trying to copy a PDF file to a CD?

• 3. Re: How to convert Adobe Reader PDF file to blank RW CD?
              370H55V Level 4

Unless you're talking about a huge (I mean HUGE) PDF. I seriously hope you're not planning to burn a single PDF to a CD-RW.

1. That's like renting an entire warehouse to store a single can of peas. It's a terrible waste of space. Use a flash drive instead.

2. If the PDF is too small, you will find time after time you'll burn it and then the disc will appear empty because the lead-in and lead-out will envelope it and your OS won't be able to find it.

It's really easy to burn files in XP. You simply put the blank CD-RW in the drive and then open two windows side-by-side. One is the folder with the PDF in it. The other is "My Computer". In the folder with the PDF, right click and choose "Send to" and choose the drive with the blank disc. A bubble will pop up from your system tray saying, "You have files waiting to be written to the disc. Click here to see these files" CLICK IT and the burn wizard will open. Follow it to burn the CD-RW, but PLEASE read the above advice again first and consider using a flash drive instead.

• 4. Re: How to convert Adobe Reader PDF file to blank RW CD?
                Gitano's uncle

Thank you all for your input.

Indeed, I was trying to put a PDF file on a blank CD for storage.  It worked out well.  But I have to agree, it's a big waste of space on the disc.  To remedy some of that I found a very similar file(but different item) that I'll attempt to put on a single disc with the initial information. But I have a "surplus" of RW discs!  I appreciate the tip about flash drives and have considered them.  Next move is to get one or two.  It's a small matter but in having to re-register in order to reply to you, it was necessary to change screen name.  Thanks again for the help.