2 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2011 12:57 PM by Paul_Ferguson

file naming and management

Paul_Ferguson Level 2

File naming: I'd like to be able to name clips in such a way that the name changes in the Files Window as well, so that when I go in Windows Explorer to manage files, I can see what's in the session as I've named it.  I understand that others would like the naming system to operate as it does now in 5.5, so I guess I'm requesting that both of these approaches be options for the user.

File saving: I'd like to be able to do a Save As in Multitrack the way I can in AA3.0, and EVERYTHING gets saved, including the wav files.

• 1. Re: file naming and management
          _durin_ Adobe Employee

The Save Session with Associated Media feature should be available with CS 6 - we've been working on it already and it should include some additional functionality useful for folks who are archiving completed sessions, or prepping sessions to be more easily shared with others.

The Clip/File naming is a tough one.  I'll add a new feature request if there's not one already in place, but I suspect I'll have some more questions about this in the future.  It may have been discussed in another thread, but if you have multiple clips referencing the same file asset, should all clips adopt the new naming structure?  What if that source file is being referenced in another session?

• 2. Re: file naming and management
            Paul_Ferguson Level 2
            function(){return A.apply(null,[this].concat($A(arguments)))}

_durin_ wrote:

The Clip/File naming is a tough one.  I'll add a new feature request if there's not one already in place, but I suspect I'll have some more questions about this in the future.  It may have been discussed in another thread, but if you have multiple clips referencing the same file asset, should all clips adopt the new naming structure?  What if that source file is being referenced in another session?

The way I work, I'd never have more than one clip for each source file, and I would never have a source file from another session being called on in a new session.  I can't work that way.  I have to have *everything* for a given session in the same folder, and nowhere else, except on a backup.