3 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2011 8:56 PM by Rick Gerard

Solution need - effect

Starlight253

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS8chIVcPwc&feature=relmfu i need efect from this movie starting at 0

• 1. Re: Solution need - effect
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

And more specifically? Sorry, such blanket questions are useless. A forum cannot tell you how to make a good commercial, only educate you about specific techniques. Aside from that, I see nothing special there, just some color corrections, glows and lens blur effects applied to some footage and photos in 3D space. You really should start learning the basics...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Solution need - effect
            Todd_Kopriva Level 8

As Mylenium says, there is a lot going on in that commercial, so you'll need to ask much more specific questions if you want to get useful answers here.

I'll also echo what Mylenium says and suggest that you get started learning the basics. If nothing else, it'll help you to formulate more specific questions.

Start here to learn After Effects.

• 3. Re: Solution need - effect
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The first shot in your sample is a 3D render with some glow and some color work. There were probably multiple passes from the 3D app.

If you want to duplicate the color look then search for After Effect Color Effects and After Effects Glows. If you want to duplicate the camera move then you should be looking for CityScapes in your favorite 3D app.

You might also want to do a quick search for After Effects 2.5 or 2 and 1/2 D. There are some camera mapping techniques that will approximate this look.

Everything but the color and glow effects are fairly advanced and require lots of planning and technique. If I knew what you were looking for I could help more. If you just want to duplicate the opening shot then you're probably looking at 40 to 100 hours of work as a beginner. Sorry I can't be of more help.