7 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2011 3:47 PM by AtonMusic

Best Workflow for TIFF Sequences

AtonMusic Level 2

Hi There,

I have my ideas but I would like if anyone had an advice to give when working with TIFF Sequences

1) Which Sequence Preset should I use, or better yet which custom settings should I go with when creating the sequence for TIFF use...

If anyone working with PPRO and TIFF sequences has any great advice like what to 'watch out for' or whatever, I would be highly appreciative !

PS - I tried searching the PPRO CS5 forum but no matter what I enter in the search field, it always renders "No Results Found"

This is happening across all adobe's forums - perhaps the search engine has a BUG ===

I am using Safari on Snow Leopard !

• 1. Re: Best Workflow for TIFF Sequences
          joe bloe premiere Level 5

1) Which Sequence Preset should I use, or better yet which custom settings should I go with when creating the sequence for TIFF use...

Render your image sequences at the aspect ratio and
          frame rate that you intend to deliver as your final master.

Use a sequence setting that matches the aspect ratio and
          frame rate of your image sequences.

I tried searching the PPRO CS5 forum but no matter what I enter in the search field, it always renders "No Results Found"

It hasn't worked for a long time.

Forum comments

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Best Workflow for TIFF Sequences
            AtonMusic Level 2

Hi and thanks for chiming in..

I was looking for the sequence settings in PPRO like 'Editing Mode' and 'Video Previews'

I figured I will have to set editing mode to 'Desktop'

or are these modes void when dealing with image sequences, all together ?

In addition, is there any FAST way of importing 100 image sequences into PPRO other than going thru' the Import-Dialog 100 times....

The name Pro in Premiere suggests some sort of professionalism and that would not be the case if one had to slect import 100 times to import 100 tiff sequences ;-)

I guess I'm just  not seeing the obvious here...

Thanks for steering me in the correct direction !

• 3. Re: Best Workflow for TIFF Sequences
              joe bloe premiere Level 5
              I was looking for the sequence settings in PPRO like 'Editing Mode' and 'Video Previews'

I figured I will have to set editing mode to 'Desktop'

or are these modes void when dealing with image sequences, all together ?

You can always do this:

newitemicon.png

caveat

In addition, is there any FAST way of importing 100 image sequences into PPRO other than going thru' the Import-Dialog 100 times....

The name Pro in Premiere suggests some sort of professionalism and that would not be the case if one had to slect import 100 times to import 100 tiff sequences ;-)

You can always render to something other that image sequences

for multiple simultaneous imports.

It's been a while, but I don't recall being able to import more than

one image sequence at a time in Avid MC.

• 4. Re: Best Workflow for TIFF Sequences
                Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Regarding the forum search:

I use the Community Help search. It searches across several forums and other resources at once.

• 5. Re: Best Workflow for TIFF Sequences
                  davidbeisner2010 Level 3

regarding the search, I find I get the best results using Google... enter your search terms and then add site:http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere/premierepro_current at the end of your search terms and it'll search ONLY that subdomain...

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Best Workflow for TIFF Sequences
                    Todd_Kopriva Level 8

> regarding the search, I find I get the best results using Google...

That's effective if you're certain that you only want to search this forum. The Community Help search includes this forum and a rather small number of other sites that we've vetted of being of high quality. So, if you're sure that the only resource that contains what you're looking for is this forum, then keep using the site operator on Google.com. But consider broadening just a bit.

(BTW, I created the Premiere Pro Community Help search engine, so I'm biased.)

• 7. Re: Best Workflow for TIFF Sequences
                      AtonMusic Level 2

I knew about the trick of dragging the media to the seq icon to have premiere pro create the 'right' sequence.

Just thought there might be some better settings for using tiff sequences...

Thanks though..

Regarding batch import of tiff sequences.

For the world of me, I cannot figure out why drag n dropping an image sequence to PPRO would spark the app to import all the tiffs as individual files, instead of setting the "Image Sequence" bit... if the folder contains 1200 tiffs.

Definitely A LOT of improvement that can be done "Image-Sequence-Wise" in PPro - especially when considering the PRO-name in the application name.

Workflow for image sequences is very un-pro in PPRO :-))))

Anyway, I am an AVID Quickeys user and I have programmed a Quickey-Script that will batch import the 100 tiff sequences that I have residing in 100 folders. I click one shortkey and Quickeys iterates through the 100 folders and half an hour later as I came back to the Mac - they had all been imported.

That beats having to manually import 100 times. Imagine I had had 700 clips - ALL - Tiff or other Image Sequences...

Anyway, quickeys is a VERY useful tool for repetitive tasks and saves me HOURS literally every day....

It is made by startly and is worth EVRY penny ! Works with OS X and Windows