2 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2011 11:46 PM by Mylenium

beginner help please

tamer_hefny
      hey  i need a lil help .... im new to after effects and i downloaded a  project of photo presentation ... but to make it a little longer i  copied some layers in my animation ... the problem is whenever i change a  pic in the layer it changes in all simillar layers .... any help  plzzz????
        • 1. Re: beginner help please
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Please tell us exactly, step by step, what you're doing. It's hard to help with so little information.

Because you're new to After Effects, I very strongly recommend that you start here.

• 2. Re: beginner help please
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
            the problem is whenever i change a  pic in the layer it changes in all simillar layers

Yes, you are replacing the source. Either you merely replace the photo in the project window and it used in multiple compositions or you are trying to substitute a comp that is equally used in multiple places. Perfectly normal so far. What you insdtead need to do is replace the instances of your placeholders directly in the timelines of the respective comps by Alt+dragging the image from the project window onto the timeline bar you wanna substitute....

Mylenium