3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 3, 2013 5:39 PM by Jon_chalk_administrator RSS

Adobe Reader X save location issue

EdmundLau@hp

Hi All, i would like to seek expert helps on Adobe Reader save location issues. After we upgrade from Adobe Reader 9 to Adobe Reader X.

There are changes on how save location works in Adobe Reader X

If save PDF via Internet Explorer – the save location will according to last save location, HOWEVER

If save PDF via Adobe Reader X – the save location will set according to location the file is being open

Let me show you what i mean over the pictures

I open a reader_X_help.pdf using Adobe Reader X and then save the file using Ctrl+Shift+S at: C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\My last location save

refer my last save location.jpg

my last save location.jpg

Now i want to save another new file back to C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\My last location save, I open the file Adobe file2.pdf located at desktop and when i do Ctrl+Shift+S, the location point to my desktop and not C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\My last location save

refer my last save location change to desktop.jpg

my last save location change to desktop.jpg

I have tested this features in Adobe Reader 9 and it's different whereby it's will point according to my last location save.

There is no issue with computer as i have 3 machine running different enviroment, Windows XP SP3, Windows 7 Enterprise, and all using same version of Adobe Reader X version 10.0.1.

So my questions & concern:

Is there any way to change the save location features same as Adobe Reader 9?

If YES, how to do it? By Computer Changes or Adobe Reader X packages modification using Adobe Customization tools?

If NO, Where can i find this source of documentation stated about this new changes so i can publish this information in HP website as new design changes to avoid complaint or negative feedback.

Looking forward for expert reply as soon.

Thank you very much and Have a great day.

Best Regards

Edmund Lau

[email address removed by host]

• 1. Re: Adobe Reader X save location issue
          Oggr8

I also would like to change the default save to location.  When saving multiple documents the previous Adobe Reader would use the save-as location of the first document saved which decreased the amount of clicking around to find the same location for the 2nd, 3rd, and so on documents.

• 2. Re: Adobe Reader X save location issue
            David.Logan Community Member

We have also experienced this same issue and would like to know how to specify a default folder location.  Please

let me know if you receive an answer to this inquiry.

David Logan

DLogan@OmegaHealthcare.com

• 3. Re: Adobe Reader X save location issue
              Jon_chalk_administrator

Solved it!

1-go to "edit", select Preferences.

2-select from the left pane: Security (enhanced)

3-click on "add folder path" button just below the big white box

4-pick a folder of your choice and click "ok". (your selected folder path will appear in that white box above the "add folder path" button in step 3)

5-if you want to add additional folders, just repeat steps 3 & 4

6-once you are done, click "ok" on the preferences screen and click "ok" again to accept the changes.

Yes, it seems illogical, but it worked.

I tested by closing the Reader (X), then surfed the web and did what Neher5 was explaining he/she wanted to do just after opening a pdf from a website and lo-and-behold,  it worked!. No more "save to temp folder" issues.

Hope this helps.