1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 19, 2013 12:33 PM by MFPHRC-IT

Can't sign PDF after created.

mhuizenga

I have created PDFs in the past few weeks and haven't been able to sign and certify them. The window comes up to Sign, and my digital signature is shown, but when I click the sign button, nothing happens. The window doesn't go away and the only way to make it go away is to hit Cancel. This used to work. What happened? I am using Acrobat 9.4.3.

This has happened more than once, so I need to know how to fix it going forward.

Thanks

Martha

• 1. Re: Can't sign PDF after created.
          MFPHRC-IT

I am also having this exact same problem.  It is very difficult to search for an answer given that no error is presented. 

To recap the issue, when you click sign document it brings up the rectangular marquee to select your signature area.  Once selected it presents you with the sign document window.  The correct (and only) signature is selected in the "sign as" dropdown box.  Lock document is unchecked (but it doesn't work if checked either).  At this point you cannot proceed further.  The only option is to click "cancel" as clicking "Sign" does nothing. 

Were you ever able to diagnose the problem or discover a work around?

Some information on my setup:

Adobe Acrobat Pro 10.1.5 part of CS6 suite (all updates applied)

Windows XP Pro SP3

Intel Core i7 m620

3.5 gb RAM

If anyone has any insight to this problem it would be much appreciated.