5 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2011 2:40 PM by RandySwineford

Separating "concatenated responses" with a carriage return?

phillysailor

How can you separate multiple text responses with a carriage return?

Nothing looks good, semicolons and periods not working well.

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Separating "concatenated responses" with a carriage return?
          RandySwineford Adobe Employee

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking exactly, can you elaborate on your question?

Are you trying to put a line feed in a cell in the response table?  If so, control + enter will do that.

Or do you want multiple choice to be enter delimited instead of semicolon?

Thanks,

Randy

• 2. Re: Separating "concatenated responses"
            phillysailor Level 1

I'm using a Mac.

I'd like to separate individual responses in the summary column with a carriage return, so if the first response in the table column is "Fortunate" and the next response below it is "Random", and then "Bob's your uncle", what shows up right now with =concatenate(@column & ";  ") isn't quite what I want (shows up as: Fortunate;  Random;  Bob's your uncle;  ).

I'd like it either to show up as numbered responses (ie, 1. Fortunate  2. Random  3. Bob's your uncle)

Or show up as:

Fortunate

Random

Bob's your uncle

Thanks for the help.

• 3. Re: Separating "concatenated responses"

You currently can't do anything like that with FormsCentral.

Can you provide a little background on why you want it formatted this way? Maybe if you describe it a little more we can figure out another way to resolve the issue.

Randy

• 4. Re: Separating "concatenated responses"
                phillysailor Level 1

I am collecting CME information, part of which includes open-ended questions such as, "Did the speaker cover the objectives" and "How will you be better able to do your job after attending this presentation," and "What is the most important thing you learned?"

I need to be able to submit these answers to the CME department as separate thoughts, but in an organized way. It is unnecessary to identify who wrote each comment.

Should I just print the individual cells, and not merge them into a "summary row"?

• 5. Re: Separating "concatenated responses"

You can't print individual cells. Easiest thing probably would just to Export the response table to XLS and use Excel to do what you need. You can find export under the File menu.

Sorry there wasn't a more direct way to do this.

Thanks,

Randy