Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The left menu doesn't appear in firefox 3.6.17

New Here ,
May 23, 2011 May 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In Firefox, when I load the file "index.htm" generated with robothelp the left menu doesn't appear, with IE all works fine. I have a java servlet that give the resource to the browser. When I load the file "index.htm" directly in Firefox (without use the java servlet) it works like a charm.

I don't know if it is the cause of my problem but in Firefox and in IE, the file "index.htm" try to load the file "ContentList.xml" but this file doesn't exist.

Thank you for your help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 24, 2011 May 24, 2011

Hi,

The script and errors you are seeing are as expected. Firebug has been know to give trouble in the past. But since you tried the output with an installation without any plugins, this can't be the problem.

When you feed the index.htm to Firefox directly, do you open the exact same file from the exact same location and using the same protocol (such as http://) as the help opened with the servlet?

If you are testing on two different locations, try testing the help the servlet opened.

If you are tes

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2011 May 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and welcome to the community.

What version of RoboHelp are you using? I assume you are using WebHelp or are you using another output format?

Do you see the frame that should hold the TOC, or do you only see the topic in Firefox? Do you have the correct Java plugin for Firefox? Do you have a plugin that may be blocking the help when called by a Java servlet?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thank you for your answer,

I use the version 9 of RobotHelp. The output format used is WebHelp or WebHelp Pro.

Pb RobotHelp.png

I don't understand TOD. I see the frame that should be contain the menu but the menu isn't present in the frame. I see only the topic in Firefox.

Do you have the correct Java plugin for Firefox?

> How can I know if I use the correct java plugin, on my computer I have installed the sdk version 1.6.0_21.

Do you have a plugin that may be blocking the help when called by a Java servlet?

> I don't think because I have tried with a firefox without plugin and I have the same problem. Moreover If I open the file index.htm directly with firefox all works fine.

Bye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I find this to be puzzling. Can you try calling the help with the Error Console enabled?

Go to the page you call the help from. Press Ctrl+Shift+J to open the Error Console. Clean up the output and call the help. Does the Error console show any errors or warnings?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have no error but lot of warning (52), below some errors:

Avertissement : Erreur d'analyse de la valeur pour « cursor ».  Déclaration abandonnée.

Fichier Source : http://localhost:8080/lrit/bu/EMSA/WebHelp/whskin_tbars.htm

Ligne : 97

Avertissement : Erreur d'analyse de la valeur pour « cursor ».  Déclaration abandonnée.

Fichier Source : http://localhost:8080/lrit/bu/EMSA/WebHelp/whskin_tbars.htm

Ligne : 103

Avertissement : Propriété « vertial-align » inconnue.  Déclaration abandonnée.

Fichier Source : http://localhost:8080/lrit/bu/EMSA/WebHelp/whgdata/whnvt30.htm

Ligne : 32

Avertissement : Propriété « mso-list » inconnue.  Déclaration abandonnée.

Fichier Source : http://localhost:8080/lrit/bu/EMSA/WebHelp/INTRODUCTION.htm

Ligne : 0

I have the same warning when I load the file "index.htm" directly in firefox and the menu works fine.

I have inspected the html code with firebug and I have seen that the body of the iframe "tocIFrame" contains only this:

<script language="javascript1.2">

<!--

TocWriteFixedWidth(false,400);

TocInitPage();

//-->

</script>

When I load the file "index.htm" directly in Firefox (without use the javaservlet) and that I inspects the code, the content of the iframe "tocIFrame" contains the same javascript tag and lot of div tag.

Thank you for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The script and errors you are seeing are as expected. Firebug has been know to give trouble in the past. But since you tried the output with an installation without any plugins, this can't be the problem.

When you feed the index.htm to Firefox directly, do you open the exact same file from the exact same location and using the same protocol (such as http://) as the help opened with the servlet?

If you are testing on two different locations, try testing the help the servlet opened.

If you are testing on the exact same file, my guess is that your servlet is breaking the Firefox rendering.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

The problem come from my servlet. For a problem with IE9 and an other page (not RobotHelp), I have used a librairy to set the content type of the http response. I have do a mistake in configuration of this librairy and as a consequence the content type that I put is bad. For xml files if I put the good content type (application/xml) all works fine.

Thank you very much for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp