2 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2011 7:07 AM by cbgbgb

How get 1920x1080 video into Media Player Library?

cbgbgb

My camera produces 1980x1080 MOV (QuickTime) videos. After editing in Premier Elements, I can target HD 720p and put the result in Microsoft's Media Player library. Is there a way to generate 1080 video that can be added to Media Player library? Media Player will play lots of formats, but unless it accepts a file into its library, it isn't available for viewing by a connected DLNA TV. I think that means file extension needs to be mpg, mpeg, or a couple others, not mp4 or mov. Thanks for any tips!

• 1. Re: How get 1920x1080 video into Media Player Library?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

MOV (Quicktime) is merely an envelope for your video files. What matters is the codec that was used to compress and save the video files.

You say you want to put these in a Media Player? The Quicktime Media Player should be able to play virtually any .mov file. I can't advise you on Microsoft's Media Player library -- although generally speaking the Microsoft Media Player will not recognize Quicktime files.

What type of camcorder did this video come from and how did you get it into your computer?

Also, what operating system are you using? Have you ensured you have the latest version of Quicktime from Apple.com?

• 2. Re: How get 1920x1080 video into Media Player Library?
            cbgbgb Level 1

Thanks, but that is not where I am stuck. Microsoft Media Player will play mov on my computer, but will not accept it into its library. I don't care if I use mov or another format - just hoping there is some 1080 format that Premier Elements will render AND Media Player will accept into its library. This is a prerequisite for being shared to my home network for viewing on my TV.

More info: Windows XP Professional 32-bit, Media Player 11, Premier Elements 9.0, Nikon S8100 camera and transfer mov from camera to computer over USB with Nikon software.

All works for 720 video: 1080 MOV -> Premier Elements edit -> MPEG HD 720p -> Media Player library -> Available to TV via DLNA

Stuck for 1080 video:    1080 MOV -> Premier Elements edit -> ????????????? -> Media Player library -> Available to TV via DLNA