3 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2011 2:31 AM by sons123

PDF files don't open - windows 7

sons123

I recently reinstalled Windows 7. Since then Adobe Reader does not work. When I select a .pdf file it gives me a window to choose which program to use, and Adobe Reader is not available. I've tried uninstalling v.10 but it kept on giving me an error code about not being able to contact the server to complete the action. I then deleted v.10 in explorer, but it seems that some of the files can't be deleted. So now I have the folders for v.10, but not all the files and drivers. v.9.3 does not want to install.

I will appreciate any help in order to be able to read pdf files.

• 1. Re: PDF files don't open - windows 7
          Vertimo Paslaugos

Okey, firstly you need to unistall adobe reader properly: install adobe reader into same folder and then delete it through Control Panel. Then Install it again.

Find the file you want to open, right click it, choose "Open with..", If there is no Adobe Reader as recommended program, click "Browse", go to Program Files folder, find "Adobe", "Adobe Reader xx", look for .exe file. My path looks like this "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 10.0\Reader". This should work.

• 2. Re: PDF files don't open - windows 7

24.05.2011 13:46, Vertimu Paslaugos yazmış:

Okey, firstly you need to unistall adobe reader properly: install adobe reader into same folder and then delete it through Control Panel. Then Install it again.

Find the file you want to open, right click it, choose "Open with..", If there is no Adobe Reader as recommended program, click "Browse", go to Program Files folder, find "Adobe", "Adobe Reader xx", look for .exe file. My path looks like this "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 10.0\Reader". This should work.

>

• 3. Re: PDF files don't open - windows 7
              sons123 Level 1

Turan, I did not have any luck with Adobe Reader, and no help at all from

Adobe.com. I did however find a program that enables me to view .pdf files.

That is all I wanted to do in the first place. Thanks for your advise.

Regards