2 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2011 1:39 AM by Vishal Jaswal

Robohelp keeps crashing

dcavina1

I installed RoboHelp 8.0.2.208 last year and have a couple of hundred topics and images (most are icon sized PNG and GIFs). Whenever I open a topic that contains images, RoboHelp will often crash and exit (no error messages). This is super annoying and I usually loose work .

Any idea on what the problem is and what I can do to fix this? The images were captures using RoboScreenCapture or Photoshop and appear just fine normally. Usually a topic will open, but sometimes if just crashes the whole thing. Upgrading to version 9 is probably out of the question if it costs money as we just bought this and can't justify the expense.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

• 1. Re: Robohelp keeps crashing
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional

Have you tried deleting the CPD file and reopening the project?

Is the project on your hard disk?

What version of Photoshop?

I am not suggesting upgrading will fix it but be aware upgrading from 8 to 9 has been done at a special price so it would cost you less than you might be thinking. US$399 for RoboHelp on its own.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

• 2. Re: Robohelp keeps crashing
            Vishal Jaswal Level 2

Hello

Welcome to Adobe forums

I was also facing the same issue.

If you facing the crashing issue again and again, so here is a small workaround that you can try

- Deactivate Robohelp (help>deactivate>

- uninstall it completely

- create a new admin account

- install Robohelp in this new account

- launch Robohelp and try to create a test project and observe that you still facing the same issue or not

- if not, switch user and in your account launch Robohelp, then you are good to go

If you still face the same isse , i suggest you to contact Adobe support.

Hope it helps

Thanks

Vishal