6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2007 10:56 AM by Serious_Game_Designer

Powerpoint

kaedee85
      I'm not familiar with PowerPoint, but I've been asked if a PowerPoint presentation can be imported into Director. We are using Director MX 2004 & I've been unsuccessful in finding an answer. If anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Powerpoint
          Meliora_Software
          It was possible prior to Director version MX. Director had the "Import Xtra for PowerPoint" that allowed to import PowerPoint presentations up to version 4. It was a tool Xtra available under Xtras > Import PowerPoint File menu. Now it's all outdated.
          You can try to import it as an ActiveX control though.

Cheers,
          Chris.
          • 2. Re: Powerpoint
            kaedee85 Level 1
            Thanks for the info. How would I go about importing it as an ActiveX control? I went to Insert>Control>ActiveX & got a list of control descriptions. Also, importing doesn't give the option for ActiveX, so I'm stumped. Thanks in advance for your help!

Kim
            • 3. Re: Powerpoint
              Level 7
              kaedee85 wrote:
              > Thanks for the info. How would I go about importing it as an ActiveX
              > control? I went to Insert>Control>ActiveX & got a list of control
              > descriptions. Also, importing doesn't give the option for ActiveX,
              > so I'm stumped. Thanks in advance for your help!

You can use OpenOffice.org to export a PP presentation as a .swf, reducing
              the problem to one of controlling a Flash sprite. That way you wouldn't need
              any PP ActiveX control on the end user's machine.

Andrew

• 4. Re: Powerpoint
                Meliora_Software Level 1
                you need to have the PowerPoint Viewer installed to access the ActiveX control.
                Also, check out PPViewer Xtra http://www.ravware.com/ppviewer.htm
                • 5. Re: Powerpoint
                  kaedee85 Level 1
                  Thanks for all your help! I'll give your suggestions a try.
                  • 6. Re: Powerpoint
                    Serious_Game_Designer
                    The xxxx :-(( thing is though that in the manual of mx2004 still is written that director can import powerpoint files.

could i use director 8.5, import director 8.5 and then import the director 8.5 movie into director mx 2004?

I hope they restore this import in the next version, as it is handy to create elearning content.

www.projectmanagement-training.net