1 Reply Latest reply on May 24, 2011 9:36 AM by KavinKannan

Is it possible to insert an HBox between a AdvancedDataGrid Header and the the grid data/content?

bogrady

Hi All,

I need to insert a Box containing some text that appears between the grid header and main content and spans all the grid columns. I've been searching and experimenting (addChildAt()) but no luck so far. Is this possible to achieve? If not, is it possible to dynamically render the text in the header itself, below and spanning the column header text? Any advice would be great, Thanks Brian

• 1. Re: Is it possible to insert an HBox between a AdvancedDataGrid Header and the the grid data/content?
          KavinKannan Level 1

I'm not clear with your issue, but see if my suggestion helps a bit.

A text cannot be added directly as a child, so create a custom UI component class that has a text property.

If this text is a constant then you may declare the value of the text in that UI class. If not you may use accessors (getters and setters) and get the value of the text dynamically, if you would like to use this comonent at multiple places in your datagrid.

Now you'll see this UI component can be added as a child. And if you are unable to do it to a normal AdvancedDataGrid, then it is advisable to create a custom-AdvanceDataGrid and then make it to accept this text-UI component in the header.

BUT, no matter what, please do not use a HBox inside a header. It compliactes things and it takes lading and redering time during complite and run time.