Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Debugging a Photoshop panel with FB4

Participant ,
May 24, 2011 May 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to get my environment set up to debug a Photoshop panel I'm working, since the include AIR debuggers is apparently no longer supported. I've followed all the steps in the CS5 sdk guide, like setting the PlayerDebugMode to 1, and adding the Contents/debug file to Photoshop.

In the documentation it then says in FB to:

1. Open your project in Flash Builder and select it in the Package Explorer.

2. Choose Run > Debug > Other.

Getting Started with the Adobe Creative Suite SDK Packaging and signing your extension for deployment 19

3. Select Web Application and click New to create a configuration for Web Application.

4. Enter "Debug <extension_name>" in the Name box, and the name of your project in the Project box.

5. Deselect the "Use defaults" option.

6. Replace the values in the Debug, Profile, and Run boxes with about:blank.

7. Click Apply and close the dialog.

In the dialogue that comes up under Run > Debug > Other, there are no such "Debug, Profile, and Run boxes." The only place I can see to enter "about:blank" is under "URL or path to launch." That doesn't really make sense to me, since I'm not trying to launch about:blank.

What should I be doing here?

Also, once all of this is done, Nothing shows up under "Run > Debug > your_debug_config_name" as the guide suggests. I have to go back to "Run > Debug > Other" to select my profile again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 01, 2011 Jun 01, 2011

URL or path to launch is the right thing to change to about:blank.

about:blank tells Flash Builder not to do any launching but still wait for an incoming debug connection.

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2011 Jun 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

URL or path to launch is the right thing to change to about:blank.

about:blank tells Flash Builder not to do any launching but still wait for an incoming debug connection.

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 01, 2011 Jun 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha, fantastic! Your post prompted me to go back and look at all the debug flags to see why it wasn't working. I had the debug file in Photoshop and the PlayerDebugMode set in ~/.../com.adobe.CSXS2Preferences.plist but that wasn't working. It occurred to me to check /.../com.adobe.CSXS2Preferences.plist as well, which hadn't been set. When I set that it started working for me.

I'm curious why having it in my ~/ directory didn't activate it. Is that some sort of global only setting, or is it possible I have some kind of problem elsewhere? I've noticed a number of debug related things (like which version of flash player is used) have issues when I try to do them in the user rather than globally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2011 Jun 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, I know very little about CSXS panels. The photoshop forums will have more info for sure.

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines