2 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2011 10:21 PM by EvyatarBH

Possible bug - Missing click event when handling change event

EvyatarBH Level 3

Using Flex 4.5 SDK, I have a spark ComboBox and a Button next to it for applying a filter according to ComboBox selection.

I listen to both the ComboBox's change event & the Button's click event (for different functions).

When I manually delete the ComboBox text value from its TextInput (i.e. changing selected index to -1) and immediately click on the Button,

the click event-handler function is not being called and only the ComboBox's change event-handler function is executed.

(Selecting a value from the ComboBox's list and clicking on the button triggers both methods on the right order.)

There's also a state definition for the module, but it isn't being changed during these operations...

Is this a bug or a correct behavior? Am I missing something here?

Any workaround suggestions?

(I thought of listening also to mouse-down or mouse-up on the button instead, but haven't tried it yet...)

*** UPDATE ***

When using the Button's mouseDown event the behavior is as expected, so there's a simple workaround.

However, it seems to me like there's a bug with the Button's click event listener or something...

*** UPDATE #2 ***

I created a test application for that and couldn't reproduce the problem.

Then I figured out the problem and solved it.

It's a bit emmbarrasing, but I actually disabled the button (enabled=false) as in a child method of the change handling code...

(If there is no value, don't allow applying the filter - It makes sense! )

Anyway... No issue after all.

However, I choose to leave this post (and not delete it) as an example of identifying and resolving a strange behavior in a complex application.