2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2009 2:21 PM by EggMaster5

Recording Mode

EggMaster5
      Captivate will not allow me to change the Recording Mode to anything other than "Demonstration".

This is what I do. I go to "Edit", "Preferences", "Recording", "Modes", and change the Recording Mode from "Demonstration" to "Training Simulation". If I click "OK" and go back into "Preferences", the Recording Mode is set back to "Demonstration". Captivate will not allow me to change the Recording Mode to anything other than "Demonstration". What could be causing this?

Adobe Captivate 4 Build 1596
      Dell Vostro 2510
      Windows Vista Business SP1
      Intel Core 2 Duo 2.6GHz
      3GB RAM
      250GB HDD
        • 1. Re: Recording Mode
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Welcome to our community, EM

I think you are slightly confused by the dialog. When you click Edit > Preferences > Recording node > Mode(s) node what you see is a dialog allowing you to configure preferences for the different recording modes. You aren't actually choosing the mode to record in by default. You choose the mode at the time you record.

Here's how it works. You open Captivate and choose to record a project. Upon choosing the type of recording you see the red recording rectangle. In the upper left corner of the rectangle is a gray strip containing 5 icons. You choose the recording mode from those icons. For example, let's say you wanted Assessment mode. You would click the Camera icon. When you do this, a larger flyout dialog appears. In that dialog is where you configure the mode(s) you want.

Hopefully something here was helpful... Rick
          • 2. Re: Recording Mode
            EggMaster5 Level 1
            Ahhhhhhhh....I see the light now:-) Yes, this solves the problem.