9 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2011 11:14 AM by JakeeJ

ADT packaging fails

JakeeJ

I have a question for EDK usage.

I'm trying to test helloworldExtensionClient to test EDK.

I create swf file, HelloWorldExtensionClient.swf, with flash professional using external library options as suggested.

It, however, keeps failing for airn packaging like below,

#adt -package -storetype pkcs12 -keystore ./phonyEdkAneCert.p12 -storepass phony -tsa none -target airn ./HelloWorldExtensionClient.airn ./HelloWorldExtensionClient-app.xml  ./HelloWorldExtensionClient.swf icons  -extdir C:\extensions

.\HelloWorldExtensionClient-app.xml(149): error 105: application.extensions.extensionID contains an invalid value

#dir C:\extensions

05/24/2011  05:41 PM             6,123 tv.adobe.extension.example.HelloWorld.ane

05/24/2011  05:41 PM             6,123 tv.adobe.extension.example.HelloWorld.swc

Around line 149 of xml file shows this

<extensions>
             <extensionID>
                 tv.adobe.extension.example.HelloWorld
             </extensionID>
          </extensions>

Could you let me know what the reason might be for this failure?  Is there anything I can try to figure out the problem?

• 1. Re: ADT packaging fails
          Saumitra Bhave Level 3

Is this extension id exactly same as that of whats mentioned in extension.xml used for creating ane??

Sent from my Android phone.

• 2. Re: ADT packaging fails
            JakeeJ Level 1

I think it is same. I checked the name in extension.xml file after uncompress the ane file but it doesn't seem it can find.

Is there any other way to verify this again.

Thanks

• 3. Re: ADT packaging fails
              JakeeJ Level 1

I have one more question for ANE usage.

I created application again using flex SDK and it seems it can find ane file at least however it seems there is another hurdle to overcome.

tv.adobe.extension.example.myExtension.ane does not contain a valid and trusted signature. ANE signature status is 'Valid Self-Signed / Not Trusted'

Is there anybody knowing what to do to overcome this? Is there any option to ignore this error and generate airn file?

• 4. Re: ADT packaging fails
                tzeng Adobe Employee

Could not tell what is wrong.

I would change it to :

<extensionID>tv.adobe.extension.example.HelloWorld</extensionID>

to make sure there is no hidden chars, etc. somewhere.

-ted

• 5. Re: ADT packaging fails
                  tzeng Adobe Employee

I assume you generate the self signed cert yourself.

Install and trust the cert in your machine. Then run the adt command again. The problem should be gone.

-ted

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: ADT packaging fails
                    JakeeJ Level 1

Ted,

Thanks for answers.

I'm checking signing procedure but I'm not sure if there is a free certificate to test my extenstion.

Could you let me know where I can get free one that I can use for testing if exist?

Thanks again

• 7. Re: ADT packaging fails
                      tzeng Adobe Employee

You can use adt to generate a self signed certificate.

Find the adt tool ( I am not sure what tools you are using. But you should have the AIR SDK which has the sdk tool.

Or you can download the sdk.

Execute:

adt -help

You can see the line:

adt -certificate -cn

You can execute:

adt -certificate -cn youName 2048-RSA myCertificate.pfx  yourPassword

This should generate a certificate myCertificate.pfx  for you.

-ted

• 8. Re: ADT packaging fails
                        JakeeJ Level 1

Hi Ted,

I thought I signed ane with my selfsigned key already.  The error looked like below,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------------

tv.adobe.extension.example.myExtension.ane does not contain a valid and trusted signature. ANE signature status is 'Valid Self-Signed / Not Trusted'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------------

It said the signature status is 'Valid Self-Signed/Not Trusted'. Doesn't it mean it found valid key?
                        I tried to generate certificate for 1024 RSA and 2048 RSA code but it doesn't show any difference so far.
                        Do you think I may need to install certificate somewhere after generating self-signed cert?
                        Thanks again

• 9. Re: ADT packaging fails
                          tzeng Adobe Employee

Yes. You already had one. Find that certificate you used to sign the ANE file, import it to your machine, make it trusted.

The problem is the certifcate that signs the ANE file is not trusted in your machine.

Depends on the OS you have. I think you can just double click on the certificate file and Windows will launch a dialog and ask you if you want to install it.

-ted