3 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2011 8:15 AM by smooth_ey

i have created some text in AE need help to make transparent

smooth_ey

i am using these layer styles

outer glow

inner glow

bevel and emboss

and i have searched and search cant get any thing to work. i have tried?

Add the composition to the render que. Under the Output Module, select your format (Quicktime movie works well) and make sure you select RGB+ALPHA. This will output an alpha channel with your movie and you will have transparency in the file.

i have also tried different formats and every time i go to place the text image into dreamweaver there is a white, black , ect box around the text. the box is always the color of the composition back ground color. i have also tried click the transparent button before rendering but nothing.

i am new to AE so if you could provide some step to do what it is that i need to do

thanks

stefan

• 1. Re: i have created some text in AE need help to make transparent
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

smooth_ey wrote:

i have also tried different formats and every time i go to place the text image into dreamweaver there is a white, black , ect box around the text. the box is always the color of the composition back ground color. i have also tried click the transparent button before rendering but nothing.

There are only a few codecs that support alpha channels. If you're exporting a Quicktime the Quicktime player will show the background color of the comp even though the alpha channel is there. You can render to FLV and make a flash file, but you probably want to export a png sequence. This will support alpha channels and the alpha channel will be visible in Dreamweaver.

The other option, if you're trying to make something like an animated gif is to export a Quicktime Animation Codec movie, open that movie in Photoshop, then Save for the web as an animated gif.

It would really help if you were to tell us exactly what you're trying to do with this text. If the movie is more than about 20 frames you probably want to read up on flash and after effects. Google is your friend here. If you just need a still image then export the composition as Photoshop Layers and save for the web in Photoshop.

• 2. Re: i have created some text in AE need help to make transparent
            smooth_ey Level 1

im just making a still text image no animation or anything just simple text like (CAR) with effects added. here are composition setting pixel aspect D1/Dv ntsc (0.91) frame rate 29 resolution full duration 00:01 back ground color white.

when i render should the log:ERRORs Only should that be changed.

• 3. Re: i have created some text in AE need help to make transparent
              smooth_ey Level 1

thanks for all of the help i figured it out. i needed to be rendered as a png and worked great