4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2014 10:21 AM by CENTC IT

connect one database to two different forms?

atlantic-252

Hello

i like to lern, if it is possible, to collect data in the response-sheet by using two differnt forms.

thanks to all

• 1. Re: connect one database to two different forms?
          RandySwineford Adobe Employee

No, there is a one to one mapping of the form to a response tab. This is the first time I've had this request. Can you elaborate on why you want to do this? Can you describe your use case in more detail? Its possible there may be other ways to meet your requirements.

Thanks,

Randy

• 2. Re: connect one database to two different forms?
            atlantic-252 Level 1

Hi Randy

Thank you for your fast Response.

For my special demand, i currently design a database for job-applicants,

where i want to organise the whole dokuments, workflow an communication.

At the fiststep aform will by used to collect personal data an informations

from the persons, who apply for a job. At the next step, the managers should

give a feedback to the database an the HR-Management.

It should be a little like MS-Access, where you got one Datebase, diferent

forms who use one unique indicator

Thanks

Kim

• 3. Re: connect one database to two different forms?
              RandySwineford Adobe Employee

Thank you for the explanation. I now understand the requirement better.

The only way you could achieve a workflow like this using FormsCentral today is to share the actual response file with HR Mgmt (Share button in bottom left corner) then add columns to the response table for the info you want them to add. The job applicant will fill out the form on the web. The HR folks can then go into the response tab and add their data to the columns you created for them. The big downside to this is that HR mgmt won't have a nice form to fill in, they are just filling in the respsonse table.

Hope this helps.

Randy

• 4. Re: connect one database to two different forms?
                CENTC IT

My question is similar in that we want a form for applicants, but for a summer science program.  The applicant needs two references and we would like the references to upload their files directly, not the applicant.  And we want the uploaded reference files to be attached to the correct applicant.

If the two forms could write to the same database, the applicants and the references could be inputting to the correct places and the reviewers would see everything in one place.

Any new info on whether this is possible?

Thanks in advance,

T.