4 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2011 11:43 AM by rahdwh

full browser flash scalable slideshow

rahdwh Level 1

Hi All,

I'm interested in making a full browser, scalable slideshow.  I have found tutorials on how to create a full-browswer background with a tiled image, and also how to create a full browser background with a movie that runs in the center of the browswer, but does not scale.

I have seen this done here, for example, at this very beautifl website:  http://mslandarchitects.com/#  This is what we're aiming for.

I know this can be done with javascript, and I have a version of this done for the iphone/ipad... however, I work for a design firm and we need some easier editable schnazzy effects that flash can offer for those who are visiting our website on any device that is non-iphone/ipad.

Can anyone reccomend a tutorial that addresses this particular topic?

Thanks!

• 3. Re: full browser flash scalable slideshow
          rahdwh Level 1

Hi There (Again)

Thanks again for referring me to this site...

I'm having some issues implementing the swf fit.  When I use the following code, The swf does not fill up the full browswer window when the window is at its maximum size.  I get white space on the left and right that will disaspeer as I shrink the window.  I would like the swf to take up the full window, regardless of the size.  Would anyone mind taking a peak and the code I'm implementing?  See if there is anything glaringly wrong?

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
          <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
          <head>
          <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
          <title>Untitled Document</title>
              <script type="text/javascript" src="source/swfobject.js"></script>
                 <script type="text/javascript" src="source/swffit.js"></script>
              <script type="text/javascript">

var flashvars = {};
                      var params = {};
                      var attributes = {};

params.menu = "false";
                      params.quality = "high";
                      params.scale = "no_scale";
                      params.bgcolor = "#FFFFFF";
                      params.allowFullScreen = "true";
                      params.AllowScriptAccess = "always";

attributes.id = "flash";

swfobject.embedSWF("green.swf", "myContent", "100%", "600", "9.0.0", "expressinstall.swf", flashvars, params, attributes);

swffit.fit("flash");     
              </script>
          </head>

<body style="height: 100%; padding: 0pt; margin: 0pt;">
          <object id="flash" height="600" width="100%" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="green.swf" style="width: 100%; left: auto; margin-left: 0pt; height: 650px; top: auto; margin-top: 0pt;">
          <param name="menu" value="false">
          <param name="quality" value="high">
          <param name="scale" value="no_scale">
          <param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF">
          <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true">
          <param name="AllowScriptAccess" value="always">
          </object>
          </body>
          </html>

thank you once again,

R

• 4. Re: full browser flash scalable slideshow
            rahdwh Level 1

ok so i changed the flash player version from "9.0.0" to my current version "10.3.181.14".  I also found a mistake where I list the height at 650 at one point and it is truly 600. Same small problem, however. Just thought I'd write this little update.