3 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2011 3:50 AM by VDOSurfer

incompatible display driver

sellio

This has been tackled before but I would appreciate some help with this.

Last September I bought Photoshop Elements 9 and Premiere Elements 9.When I installe dthe software Premiere Elements wouldn't work properly.There were display driver issues.This meant that when Premiere Elements 9 was in edit mode there was only audio available.

On start up, Premiere Elements came up with this message:

"We have detected an incompatible display driver. To get better and faster playback performance, please update our display driver.

Display driver details- NVIDIA Corporation- GeoForce Gt 230M/PCI/SSE2 3.0.0 "

I emailed adobe and was sent two replacement files.... Player Media Core and displaydriver dll. I swapped them for the originalls in the program folder and that seemed to fix the problem.

The problem has now returned and I cannot use Premiere Elements 9 because the video display is unavailable.

I am using a Sony Vaio VPCCW1Z4E laptop which has Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit. Service pack1.

I downloaded the Adobe update AdobePremiereElements_901 but that hasn't helped. I also updated the driver from the Sony website and even re-installed the software.

Please help!