4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2011 4:52 AM by BIGAACE

Yet again - audio sync

mike999video

I've search for audio sync - but haven't seen the solution, so I'm posting a request.

On my CS5.0.3 system, any time I use Media Encoder to produce an MPEG2 HD file with MPEG II audio, the audio is exactly 3 frames behind the video.  It can be from a sequence or a straight trancode of a file.  If I use Dolby encoding, it is exactly right.

I can repeat on demand.  I wouldn't think its a system setup issue, but who knows?

Any similiar experience out there?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Yet again - audio sync
          westonwoodbury Level 1

what type of MPEG2?

I encode MPEG2 TS files regularly and haven't noticed the issue.

However, I typically do it straight from Premiere with the "export" instead of "queue" option.  Have to tried doing it that way & do you still get the same issue?  I usually "use previews" as well, if that might make any difference.

- wb

• 2. Re: Yet again - audio sync
            mike999video Level 1

Tried your suggestion as amn MPEG TS straight from PPRO but no difference.

I am mux'ing as MPEG.

I'm now using a work around of AC3 (Dolby) rather than MPEG audio, which seems just fine.

(My workflow includes exporting at high bitrate intermediate file (100Mbps) before encoding for Bluray and DVD outside of adobe.)

Thanks for responding

• 3. Re: Yet again - audio sync
              Jim_Simon Level 8

My workflow includes exporting at high bitrate intermediate file (100Mbps) before encoding for Bluray and DVD outside of adobe

In that case, you should probably be using separate .wav files for audio, not MPEG.  And use a lossless DI format, like Uncompressed, Lagarith or UT codecs, for the video.  Don't create a muxed file for DVD or Blu-ray compression.

• 4. Re: Yet again - audio sync
                BIGAACE

Hey Mike,

I can't offer you an answer but I did run into a similar issue recently with a project that was shot at 23.976 frames a second and exported at 24 frames a second. After I noticed the audio sync issue I exported it again twice at 24 and at 23.976. For both exports the audio was fine. Like I said I can't offer you a straight answer, but maybe exporting again might fix it. Good luck.