1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 23, 2011 1:08 PM by kevinklin

how to include a custom bkgd in the spark datagrid header

Kristin95762 Level 1

I have a CustomDatagridSkin.mxml, which is based upon the default DataGrid.

I'm looking at the code, and I'm a noob, trying to make heads or tails out of it. If I could just figure out how to change the header color I would be happy. But what I'd really like to know is how to apply a graphic to the background of the header.

Is there some example on the net that I can follow, because I'm having a hell of a time finding something useful.

The demo that Deepa had was awsome (corkboard and postit notes looking thing).

How was that done?

Thanks

Kristin

• 1. Re: how to include a custom bkgd in the spark datagrid header
          kevinklin Adobe Employee

Hi,

Do you want a custom background for the entire header bar? or for each individual header renderer? I would take a look at the DefaultGridHeaderRenderer class to see how we do headers. These header renderers are used by the GridColumnHeaderGroup to create the column headers. You can modify it to have your own custom background graphic. If you just want to tweak the color, you can apply the chromeColor style to the DataGrid.

I can try to cook up an example for you when I have a bit of time, but not at the moment. Hope this points you in the right direction.

-Kevin