3 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2011 5:11 AM by westonwoodbury

Making several audio clips into one

redbourn Level 1

One of the systems that I've worked on had something called "heal" but I don't remember if it was on Premiere on not.

You simply several adjacent audio clips, right clicked and chose "heal".

Anyway I have several pieces of sound next to each other (to fill a hole) and I want to make the them into one clip.

How do I do it?

And how do I paste into a space so that the space is filled with exactly the right length?

Thank you,

Michael

• 1. Re: Making several audio clips into one
          westonwoodbury Level 1

Michael,

I don't think it was Premiere.

One thing I wish I had from Avid is video & audio mixdowns, would be similar to what you are thinking.

From what I understand, you'll have to export and reimport in that audio track and range (by turning off other layers and using your in/out work area bar)

With 5.5, you can send highlighted to Audition via right click, that may work for what you are trying to do, I haven't played with it enough.

On your second question, do you mean video?  I don't know about "pasting" as a fit-to-fill, but you can fit-to-fill from your source monitor with 3 point editing+specifing the in/out on your sequence that you want filled.  The source in/out will stretch accordingly to fill your specified in/out.  Pay attention to what tracks are active.

- wb

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Making several audio clips into one
            redbourn Level 1

Thanks for the reply.

I don't think it was Premiere.

I think it was ProTools ;-)

From what I understand, you'll have to export and reimport in that audio track and range (by turning off other layers and using your in/out work area bar)

With 5.5, you can send highlighted to Audition via right click, that may work for what you are trying to do, I haven't played with it enough.

I highlighted the sections, right clicked and chose "nest" and that worked ;-)

On your second question, do you mean video?  I don't know about "pasting" as a fit-to-fill, but you can fit-to-fill from your source monitor with 3 point editing+specifing the in/out on your sequence that you want filled.  The source in/out will stretch accordingly to fill your specified in/out.  Pay attention to what tracks are active.

What I wanted to do was just to paste a piece of audio to fill a gap.

The audio was longer than the gap so I just put it on a separate track, shortened it, and then dropped it into the hole. Not a big deal.

I'm really only playing at the moment and am just going to watch some of the Lynda Premiere CS 5 video.

Michael

• 3. Re: Making several audio clips into one
              westonwoodbury Level 1

Ah yes, Nest is a good idea, well done. 

Yeah, as far as I know you're stuck with paste/paste insert.  Maybe dragging the copy source to the source window, then doing the fit to fill style edit (has option of just cropping the clip) would do the trick, instead of copy/paste.

- wb