3 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2011 9:24 AM by AlientKnight

Adobe AE Cs5 Crash

AlientKnight

Strangest thing somehow just happen to the apps I have. There wasn't anythng wrong with my Adobe Master Suite CS5, until I bought a Wacom Cintiq 21 UX (DTK-2100) and installed it into my laptop. Suddenly after I installed the tablet's driver and connected it as my second monitor, Adobe After Effect, Adobe Photoshop CS5 x64 bit no longer work after restart. They just crash every time after launching, displaying that they have stopped working.

I tried re-installing the entire Suite, but it doesn't work.

Deleting the pref and reset everything into default, doesn't work either.

As for the bad font cache, I heard that update (10.0.1) would stop this, but somehow I have already updated it to (10.0.2)

Here are some specs of my computer:

Processor: Intel (R) Core (TM) 2 Duo CPU P8700 @ 2.53GHz

RAM: 4GB Duo channel

ATI High Definition Audio

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4530

Other art programs: Corel Painter 11

I don't want to sound desperate, but I am really out of idea in how to solve this problem. Adobe After Effect is one of the most important programs that I use for video editing and I can't afford to just let it die all this period of time.

• 1. Re: Adobe AE Cs5 Crash
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

You say that the problem only started after you installed this Wacom driver, but I didn't see anywhere where you said that uninstalling that was part of what you tried to fix the problem. That would be my first suggestion.

> As for the bad font cache...

I'm confused by this, too. You didn't state what your font cache issue is, other than in this single phrase. Are you getting an error message about the font cache? If so, exactly what does it say?

Here's a document that tells how to work past some font cache problems:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/900/cpsid_90025.html

• 2. Re: Adobe AE Cs5 Crash
            AlientKnight Level 1

I tried to un-install the driver, but the 'Adobe After Effect has stopped working' thingy is still there as it always has been. Secondly, if I can't use the driver, that means I wouldn't be able to use my tablet. I would rather be able to use my tablet because I do digital illustration for living.

I've looked into the link you gave me and tests out the methods. But it seems the problem doesn't lie within the font. There isn't any signs of error messages with regards of the font. The After Effect crashes after initializing user interface (When the booting icon is gone and the new window of AE pops up, it will stop responding and shows this 'stopped working' message)

Strangely, there is some program I am able to open and some not. For instance Photoshop CS5 x32bit is able to function while x64 bit would experience the same crash like After Effect.

• 3. Re: Adobe AE Cs5 Crash
              Todd_Kopriva Level 8

You need to contact Wacom support and find out why their driver is causing these problems.