0 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2011 11:08 AM by JAH9162

Use BugHunter for in-product MAP IDs

JAH9162 Level 1

Hi,

I have a project that has 2 alias files. One of them is for the primary dialog box CSH Help and the other is for error message Help. When I open the error message alias file in RH, only a few of the identifiers are assigned to topics. Naturally, most of the error message Help buttons in-product do not work. In some cases, I have been able to fix this by matching the idetifier name to the correct topic but most are not obvious matches.

I have explained the problem to the Developers and how it could be fixed much easier if I could see which numbers the Help buttons are calling. If they could supply me with a list or maybe a command line parameter. I'm waiting to hear from them.

What I'm wondering is if I'm not missing something in RH that would allow me to fix this? I have used BugHunter to test new MAP IDs but is there a way to use this tool to extract the IDs from the product somehow? I looked in the RH Help but didn't see anything, though I just may not know what I'm looking for.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Judy