10 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2011 6:12 PM by the_wine_snob

slides not showing in shareline

Seeker493

I am useing elements 7 and have developed a video of many pictures with an intro and exit text screens.

When I open the project i see the first and last slides but nothing in between.  I want to rearrange the slides and delete some

but can not because I can not see them.  They are there in the timeline but the timeline does not show the picture without fades into next slide.

How can I do what I want to do -- rearrange and delete.  Thanks.

• 1. Re: slides not showing in shareline
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

There are actually several ways to create  a slideshow in Premiere Elements, and which method you used will determine how you handle your situation.

If you created the slideshow in the Elements Organizer and ported it into Premiere Elements, for instance, the slideshow will appear as a single file on your timeline. (Switch to Timeline mode to see it.) To break it apart, you right-click on it and select Break Apart Slideshow.

Otherwise, you'll need to tell us more about the steps you took to create your slideshow in order for us to be able to help you.

BTW, if you've got a copy of one of my books, you that, in order to create a successful slideshow, your photos will need to be no larger than 1000x750 pixels in size. Otherwise, your project will likely overload and crash when you try to output your slideshow as a DVD or other video.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: slides not showing in shareline
            Seeker493 Level 1

My wife created this so I am not sure what process was used.  When we click on the slideshow the

break apart slideshow is grayed out.  Thank you for your helpful

directions.

• 3. Re: slides not showing in shareline
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Unfortunately, until we know how the slideshow file was created, we can't help you. Sorry.

• 4. Re: slides not showing in shareline
                the_wine_snob Level 9

When you view in Timeline View Mode, are the Still Images end-to-end in the same Video Track?

It might be helpful to post a screen-cap of your Timeline, so that we can see how the Still Image are laid out.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: slides not showing in shareline
                  Seeker493 Level 1

We got the pictures in the slideshow to show.  We now deleted some pics and there is a

blank dark space.  We tried delete scene and objects and this is what happened.  How can we delete the blan

k space so the slide show will be together without dark areas in the slideshow.  Thanks t

o the both of you for all of your help.

• 6. Re: slides not showing in shareline
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

When you go to Delete the Still Images, just Rt-click on them and choose Delete and Close Gap. Note: You can click to Select one Still Image, then hold down Shift and Select others. Note also: if you have either Video over, or Audio under those Still Images, the gap cannot close. You will have to manually move the remaining Stills together. If you do this, make sure that Snap is ON, and do not jam the Clips hard into each other. Move somewhat slowly, and watch for the bolder white line with white arrowheads, when you have gotten to the Snap point.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 7. Re: slides not showing in shareline
                      Seeker493 Level 1

while in the sceneline I do not see the option delete and close gap when i right click on the dark

(blank) slide.  I do not see this on the timeline option either.  There is no video or audio

set on this show as of yet

• 8. Re: slides not showing in shareline
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

Sorry, I thought that you had gone to the Timeline View Mode. If you Rt-click, on a Still Image there, you can choose Delete and Close Gap.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 9. Re: slides not showing in shareline
                          Seeker493 Level 1

thank you very much.  we now would like to replace a picture with a different picture.  How would this be done.  thank you for your patience with a newby.  This is a very high powered program.

• 10. Re: slides not showing in shareline
                            the_wine_snob Level 9

In the Timeline View Mode, Rt-click on the Still Image to be replaced, but choose Clear, instead of Delete and Close Gap. If you new Still Image is the same Duration (likely if they were all Imported, without a change in the Edit>Preferences>Still Duration), just drag it into place. If it needs Trimming, drag it to the Video Track above, with the CTI (Current Time Indicator) at the head, where it will Snap, and Trim the Tail to make it fit perfectly. Then, drag it down to your main Video Track, say Video Track 1.

Hope that helps and good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful