2 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2011 2:36 AM by xbytor2

how to open SCP connection

barleby_sp

Hi everyone.

I have an script for PS CS4 that creates a cretain amount of images, but then I need to upload them to my company server. We normally use WinSCP client to do so. So, question is: is there any way to create a SCP object in a jsx script that creates a SCP connection an upload the content?

Thank you so much

• 1. Re: how to open SCP connection
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Photoshop Bridge Output moudle can uplaod things like web galleries to web servers using FTP. Maybe you can look in to that feature see what is built so you can package your images to be what looks like a web gallery. Then you may be able to have the output module FTP it to your server.

Also look for FTP.jsx by xbytor and his xTools download they are beyond my understanding so I don't use these.  When the release the smart pill to increase my febile mind I'll try to understand xtools. Right now it too big an blows my mind.

• 2. Re: how to open SCP connection
            xbytor2 Level 4
            Also look for FTP.jsx by xbytor and his xTools download they are beyond my understanding so I don't use these.  When the release the smart pill to increase my febile mind I'll try to understand xtools. Right now it too big an blows my mind.

Heh, heh. Bridge natively supports FTP via the FTPConnection object.  The FTP code in xtools is basically a proxy to the FTP code in Bridge with some handy stuff for copying directory trees and a progress panel.

The best solution is to do as much work on the Bridge side as possible. Doing Socket code in PS for FTP is a difficult task without any serious experience in network programming.