Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

shockwave flash object doesn't show up in the controls list in ppt

New Here ,
May 30, 2011 May 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I need to insert a flash animation into a powerpoint presentation, but I don't find shockwave flah object in the controls list in powerpoint even if it is installed?

Can anyone help me with this issue?

thank you

(btw I use POWERPOINT 2007)

TOPICS
Product issue , SWF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be Insert>Object>Flash Document and then you browse to the swf. I just did it in PPT2007

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you

I tried this, but I get this error:

"The server application, source file, or item can't be found, or returned an unknown error.  You may need to reinstall the server application."

any idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Click in the slide where you want to place the linked object (linked object: An object that is created in a source file  and inserted into a destin....

2. On the Insert tab, in the Text group, click  Object.

PowerPoint Ribbon Image

3. Click Create from File.
  4. In the File name box, type the name of the file, or click Browse to select from a list.

If you browse to the file, once you locate it, click Insert.

5. Select the Link check box.
  6. Do one of the following:
    • To display the content, clear the Display as icon check box.
    • To display an icon, select the Display as icon check box.

To change the default icon image or label, click Change Icon,  and then click the icon that you want from the Icon list, or  type a label in the Caption box.

Note You cannot use the Object command to insert graphics or pictures. To insert a graphic or picture, on the  Insert tab, in the Illustrations group, click Picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the self-proclaimed gods at Microsoft, this error should only occur with Office 2000 and XP (not 2003, 2007 or 2011) and only on systems running Norton A/V or Symantec Systemworks with an outdated virus definition database.

Obviously they have plenty more research to do on this.

I seriously doubt it has anything to do with any Adobe file, or Norton. This is all Microsoft's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2013 Jan 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem on 2007 Powerpoint.

I had to install Flash by using Internet Explorer in order to get the full Flash.OCX file.  When installing through Chrome or Firefox, Powerpoint would not register it.

Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem, where you able to solve it? S.O.S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines