2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2012 10:33 AM by westonproperties

Attach to Email goes to the wrong program (Win7, Reader 9.4.4, Live Mail)

cdpalmer3

I have been trying to get pdfs for email to attach to Live Mail, but it continues to want to go to Outlook which is an expired trial version. Outlook is not set as the default mail program in windows and Live Mail works ok else where. Is there a secret setting?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Attach to Email goes to the wrong program (Win7, Reader 9.4.4, Live Mail)
          AbhilashaSr Level 2

Live mail is not a supported email client for Reader 9.4.4. However you can try the following settings:

1) Make sure that live mail is the default email client. Go to Start menu and check the default programs.

2) Even if it is the default program check the 2 registry settings:

a) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail : Default should have the value Windows Live Mail

b) HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Clients\Mail : Default should have the value Windows Live Mail 

If it still doesnt work, install Reader X and then try this again. It should work.

Thanks,

Abhilasha

• 2. Re: Attach to Email goes to the wrong program (Win7, Reader 9.4.4, Live Mail)
            westonproperties

FOUND IT!!!  Control panel ->Programs->Default Programs  Choose "Set program accewss and computer defaults" then "Custom"  to the right is a drop-down menu.  Click that & you will see various menus.  Under "Choose a default e-mail", change from "Use my current e-mail program" to the acutal program that you use (I use Windows Live Mail).  When I did that, I was able to attach!  Hope it continues to work because when I went back in to see what I had done, it had defaulted back to the "Use my current . . ."