1 Reply Latest reply on May 31, 2011 5:34 AM by Jim_Babbage

The search for Fireworks CS5 Manuals

I have been searching around for the last few months for a good Fireworks CS5 manual to properly learn this great software.  The problem is that there is hardly anything on the market today besides Lynda.com.  I also tried to find the Fireworks CS5 bible that I heard was available, but everywhere i look it is sold out.  Video2brain does not publish anything on the software.  What gives?  Does anyone have anything to recommend?  Any help would be appreciated.

I am particularly looking for a manual that shows how to create markups in Fireworks, then port them seamlessly into dreamweaver.

• 1. Re: The search for Fireworks CS5 Manuals
          Jim_Babbage Level 4

For an overall manual on Fireworks, you could have a look at my book, Adobe Fireworks CS5 Classroom in a Book. For targeted information such as you seem to be looking for, you are better off searching for web resources. There are many good tutorials on Adobe's web site at http://www.adobe.com/devnet/fireworks.html.

Bear in mind, you do not "create mark up" in Fireworks; it's a graphics application with some HTML/CSS capabilities. Capabilites of which you have limited control over. The process is fairly automatic, as the HTML and CSS are generated by the software during export.The best option is to look into the CSS and Images export workflow. You'll still be tweaking things in Dreamweaver, but at least you won't be dealing with a table-based layout.