2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2011 2:09 PM by ABGDIGITAL

CS 5.5 crashes when importing from AE

ABGDIGITAL

Premire 5.5 crashes when rendering impo

rted files from AE,specifically warp

stabilazation files.Running Windows 7 64-bit.

• 1. Re: CS 5.5 crashes when importing from AE
          Stanley Arthur Level 3

Are you importing an AE comp via Dynamic Link? If so and this is what is crashing PPro, then you may have to settle for pre-rendering the clip in AE, then importing the clip to PPro. It depends on how quickly you need to get it done. That's a quick and effective workaround, but not an answer as to why the crash is happening. Whenever I run into a problem like this, it always seems that it ends up being a file-type issue. I was having a similar issue in AE a few weeks ago that I just couldn't explain. I was working with an AVCHD file in AE that worked fine in PPro, but AE kept crashing. I eventually converted the file in AME to a lossless .avi and the problem disappeared.

• 2. Re: CS 5.5 crashes when importing from AE
            ABGDIGITAL Level 1

Sorry about not getting back sooner. Your were a great help. We started 

with the work around,that was where it was crashing. When we used dynamic link

it worked fine.Go figure.We hadn't thought about using dynamic link.[Were

old  and set in our ways}

In a message dated 5/30/2011 2:43:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, 

forums@adobe.com writes:

Are you  importing an AE comp via Dynamic Link? If so and this is what is

crashing  PPro, then you may have to settle for pre-rendering the clip in AE,

then  importing the clip to PPro. It depends on how quickly you need to get

it done.  That's a quick and effective workaround, but not an answer as to

why the crash  is happening. Whenever I run into a problem like this, it

always seems that it  ends up being a file-type issue. I was having a similar

issue in AE a few  weeks ago that I just couldn't explain. I was working with

an AVCHD file in AE  that worked fine in PPro, but AE kept crashing. I

eventually converted the  file in AME to a lossless .avi and the problem 

disappeared.