• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MapIDs not working

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2009 Mar 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm doing a test of creating CSH for our web app. I'm modifying the html of a single page locally. I added <script src="RoboHelp_CSH.js"></script> between the header tags and <a href="javascript:RH_ShowHelp(0,'C:/Onboarding_Help/!SSL!/WebHelp/Peopleclick_Onboarding_Portal.htm>WithNavPane', HH_HELP_CONTEXT, 1)">Help</a> between the body tags, but clicking the resulting Help link only launches the default page. The topic is mapped in BSSCDefault.h, but I can't get the topic to display. What am I missing?

Output: WebHelp
Browser: IE 6 SP2

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click here for an article on calling webhelp using mapids. The syntax of the call is different.

As an aside, I notice the output is being generated to the !SSL!/WebHelp folder inside your project. It is better not to use this default folder (expecially if you are using merged help). If you elsewhere on the same site as the page above you'll see a suggested option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colum - thank you for your reply. However, when I try <script type="text/javascript" language=JavaScript1.2 src="context-WebHelp/RoboHelp_CSH.js"> I get the same result. The default topic loads but not to the mapped topic.

How does the app read the BSSCDefault.h file? I think that's the missing component, as I don't see how the app could know where that file is in order to read its contents.

Thank you for the info on not generating to the !SSL! folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the map file you should have an alias file (.ali) this contains the topic id and the topic name.

Whilst I will counter what follows with "I've don't use webhelp" I think the issue is that the body should contain <A HREF='javascript:RH_ShowHelp(0, "context-WebHelp/startpage.htm>Mainwindow", HH_HELP_CONTEXT, 10)'>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again,

I made the path relative and changed the window name and still only the default page displays.

<a href='javascript:RH_ShowHelp(0,"WebHelp/Peopleclick_Onboarding_Portal.htm>Mainwindow", HH_HELP_CONTEXT, 1)'>Help</a>

Regarding the .ali and .h files, I suppose those need to be placed in the output folder after the project is generated. These files are in the root folder by default, which we don't place load onto our server in production, so I'll have to manually place those files. Are there other files I must place manually? Seems odd that I have to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ellen

Have you ensured that the RoboHelp_CSH.js has been placed where it may be found?

Colum, I don't believe the .ALI file will be present. I don't think this file factors into things unless one is creating a CHM file. Even then, I believe RoboHelp handles what the ALI file would by updating a section of the HHP.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Captiv8r -

Yes, I am sure that RoboHelp_CSH.js is being found. Here's the call

<script type="text/javascript" language=JavaScript1.2 src="WebHelp/RoboHelp_CSH.js">

If I remove the .js from the WebHelp folder, online help won't launch at all.

I still think the issue has to do with map IDs. Again, how does the app find BSSCDefault.h? It's in the root directory, not the output directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I found the issue. When I changed the Map # from 1 to 1000, the mapped topic appeared.

Thank you both for all of your assistance. I still have the issue of the Navigation pane not appearing, but I will try the options I've seen before asking any more questions.

Best regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi again

Glad you got it sorted.

By chance have you defined a Window? If not, that's probably the issue.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp