1 Reply Latest reply on May 30, 2011 11:10 PM by Dave McGregor

Some button Interactions not working when imported into Dreamweaver

Dave McGregor Level 1

I am creating a header with navigation features in Catalyst which I want to import into Dreamweaver.

I've created buttons with interactions that link to the URL's of the various external pages on the site.

When I run the project from within Catalyst it works fine, but when I import the swf into Dreamweaver those interactions are lost and do not work.

Strangely, I have roll-over and roll-out interactions on other elements within the same file which DO work.

This is not the first time I've tried this. Last few times I've done it, it worked fine.

I'm finding Catalyst to be rather inconsistent. I've used exactly the same methods but with different results.

• 1. Re: Some button Interactions not working when imported into Dreamweaver
          Dave McGregor Level 1

OK, I take back something I said:

"I've used exactly the same methods but with different results."

The method I used in this case was slightly different, and therein lies the problem.

When setting up the button interaction, I selected the following options: On click > go to URL > www.blah.com > open in current window

THIS DOES NOT WORK!

I tried all 4 options that are available and have found that only 2 of them work (open in NEW window; open in PARENT window) these work.

Open in CURRENT window, and open in TOP window do not work.

This is problem because if I create a header for a website in FC with a navigation bar (ie. nav buttons) the only way I can get the buttons to work is if a new window opens each time you click on a new button — This is not good. This would be fine for when you're linking to an external site but if it's supposed to be within the same site multiple opening windows looks very unprofessional.

Is there any way of working around this in FC?