Modeler 3.11 works with Flash Builder 4.5 and Livecycle Data Services 3.1. It is available for download here:
Modeler 3.11 Release Notes
Install Modeler 3.11 into Flash Builder 4.5
Mac-only preliminary setup
Note: These steps are only required when you run Flash Builder in stand-alone mode.
- Shut down Flash Builder if it is running.
- Open up the Flash Builder installation directory in Finder.
- Open up the FB_INSTALL_DIR\eclipse\configuration folder.
Note: There are two configuration folders, one in the FB_INSTALL_DIR and one in
- FB_INSTALL_DIR\eclipse. Make sure you use the configuration folder in FB_INSTALL_DIR\eclipse.
- Edit the config.ini file in a text editor.
- Remove the following lines from the file:
firstname.lastname@example.org/Documents/Adobe Flash Builder Burrito Preview/cascaded/286922/configuration
- Start Flash Builder.
Installing the Modeler on Mac or Windows
- Open Flash Builder 4.5. On Windows 7, you must run Flash Builder as admininstrator.
- Open the Help > Install New Software… menu.
- Click on the Add button.
- Click on the Archive button
- Navigate to the directory that contains the FB4.5_Adobe_Application_Modeling_plugin_3.1.1.zip file.
- Select the FB4.5_Adobe_Application_Modeling_plugin_3.1.1.zip file.
- Click Open.
- Click OK.
- Check the checkbox next to Adobe Data Model Components for Flash Builder.
- Click Next.
Flash Builder has some of the components already, so the request is modified so that these components will be updated instead.
- Click Next again.
- Accept the License Agreement.
- Click Finish.
- If prompted with a security warning about unsigned software, click OK to continue with the installation.
- When prompted, restart Flash Builder.
- Complete the workaround to the first item in Known Issues below.
Configuring RDS in Flash Builder
- Start Flash Builder.
- Open up the preferences screen from the menu option.
Windows: Help > Preferences
Mac: Flash Builder > Preferences
- Navigate to Adobe > RDS Configuration in the left-hand tree.
- Select the LCDS (localhost) RDS Server under Currently Configured RDS Servers.
- Change the context root to be lcds-samples or whatever web app you are using.
- Click the Test Connection button. If RDS is set up correctly, you should see a dialog that says "Test connection was successful".
- The fiber.swc file in LiveCycle Data Services 3.1 is incompatible with Modeler 3.11.
By default, new Flex projects for LiveCycle Data Services in Flash Builder use the fiber.swc file in the WEB-INF\flex\libs directory of the target web application. This version of the fiber.swc file is missing a new method that is required for ActionScript code generation when working with Modeler 3.11. This version of the fiber.swc file is missing a new method that is required for using the model-driven form. When you try to use the model-driven form in an application, you will get an error that contains the following text:
Method marked override must override another method.
To work around this issue, replace the the fiber.swc file in the WEB-INF\flex\libs directory with a copy of the fiber.swc file from the FB_INSTALL_DIR\eclipse\plugins\com.adobe.flexbuilder.project_184.108.40.2068971\fiberSwcs\4.5\l ibs directory.
- Deploying a model that contains one of the following objects results in an XML parsing error from the LiveCycle Data Services server, and the model cannot be deployed:
- A service that contains a function with parameters (arguments); this includes a service generated from an introspected remoting destination
- An entity that contains a method with parameters
Message was edited by: Mike Peterson