5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 8, 2015 11:11 AM by Aliqux RSS

Error 1324.The path My Documents or the volume is invalid. Please enter it again.

mwolfect

Hello Adobe!

I get that error when trying to install Adobe Reader X, or upgrade/update on Windows 7 Pro workstations. This also happens when I try to update Adobe Standard products that are on our workstations.

This is an Active Directory based network, and users have their Documents folder redirected to a network server. Users have full rights over that folder, so using a network location should not be an issue. This is absolutely ridiculous that this should be a problem.

I've seen several solutions, such as repointing the Documents folder to their C drive again and then back, but that is a ludicrous solution. I'm lucky that only a few of our workstations are Win 7 currently and that I have not been made aware of this issue on Windows XP Pro. I couldn't imagine having to touch 250 workstation to fix this problem.

Re-redirecting the Documents folder it is NOT a solution it is a bandaid for something broken.

Does anyone know of a fix or solution to this problem?