10 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2011 1:01 PM by eidnolb onlyone

A problem with this webpage caused Internet Explorer (IE9) to close and reopen the tab

Toran2 Newcomer

I have IE9 (using 32-bit version) installed on a relatively new laptop with Windows 7 64-bit. Up until last weekend IE9 worked fine and Flash Player worked fine too.

At the weekend a webpage asked for Flash Player to be updated - which I did. Ever since then whenever I go to a webpage needing Flash Player I get the message "A problem with this webpage caused Internet Explorer to close and reopen the tab". This happens twice and then an IE9 error page.

I have read the discussions in here about the problems with Flash Player 10.3 and have tried the various solutions. I have updated to 10.3.181.16 having tried 15 and 14 previously. Same problem.

I have reset IE9. Same problem.

I have disabled all add-ons which stops the problem. If I enable just the Flash Player add-on then the problem recurs. Since there are so many webpages that use Flash I do not want to run my browser without this add-on running.

If I enable the add-on and run IE9 using software rendering instead of GPU rendering then I don't get the problem. However, this isn't exactly making the best use of the resources on my laptop.

This may well all be related to the 10.3 problems but no one seems to have mentioned having a problem with tabs closing and reopening so I thought I would post on here to check.

Any suggestions for how to solve this (other than using software rendering)?