Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 7 gives server busy error, when i try check-in the files

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2011 Jun 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I have configured TFS with Robohelp 7. When I try to check out some files, it displays Server Busy window. This window has only two options 1. Switch To... and 2. Retry. Using both the options directes me to the same window.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it has worked in the past, I'd contact your IT dept.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try adding the following to your registry. The locations are for XP, so if you are using Vista or Windows 7, the locations will be different but should be similar.

Check if this key exists.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Team Foundation Server MSSCCI Provider\Settings\

If it doesn't, you might have to install the microsoft MSSCCI provider application, available from Microsoft's site. If it does, add the below to the registy. You should be able to copy/paste into a text file and save with an extension of .reg, then double-click on the file to update the registry.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Team Foundation Server MSSCCI Provider\Settings\RoboHelp]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Team Foundation Server MSSCCI Provider\Settings\RoboHelp\ROBOHTML.EXE]
"issues"=dword:000000D1

Update: This link discusses it more and provides Vista or Win7 paths:

http://www.leinius.de/blog/post/e2809cServer-Busye2809d-Problem-RoboHelp-8-and-Team-Foundation-Server-Integration-with-the-MSSCCI-Provider.aspx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response!

I am using windows 7 and have installed microsoft MSSCCI provider application. But i couldn't find this key in my registry.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Team Foundation Server MSSCCI Provider\Settings\

Instead it is here

[HKEY_LOCAL_USERS\Software\Microsoft\Team Foundation Server MSSCCI Provider\..But the settings folder is missing.

Please guide me what am i supppose to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the correct Windows 7 paths are listed in the article I referenced in my original post.

http://www.leinius.de/blog/post/e2809cServer-Busye2809d-Problem-RoboHelp-8-and-Team-Foundation-Serve...

Double-check that that the you can find that path. If it still doesn't exist, possibly MSSCCI provider didn't install correctly. I would try reinstalling it to be sure.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Team Foundation Server MSSCCI Provider\Settings\

Then you can copy the text from the article (copied below), save it to a text file with an extension .reg (e.g. RoboHelpTFSPatch.reg), then double-click the file to update your registry.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Team Foundation Server MSSCCI Provider\Settings\RoboHtml]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Team Foundation Server MSSCCI Provider\Settings\RoboHtml\ROBOHTML.EXE]
"issues"=dword:000000d1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2011 Jun 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled the TFS MSSCCI. Still i cannot find the folder in my registry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you also follow the steps Amebr gave to edit your registry by creating the .reg file?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reinstalling also i am unable to find the path

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Team Foundation Server MSSCCI Provider\Settings\  suggest by Amebr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amebr advised two things. Reinstall and then create and run a .REG file.

From your replies it sounds as if you have only reinstalled.

If you have run the .REG file as well, then you will have to wait for Amebr and it is night time where she is.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the path given by Amebr. Also created and ran the .reg file. But still the problem "Server Busy" persist .

Please help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I confirm that you can now see in the registry a folder under settings called "Robohelp" and within that a folder called "Robohtml.exe"?

Just want to make sure the reg file ran correctly.

Amber

P.S. And you ran the one with the Wow6432Node path for windows 7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, now i can see "Robohelp"  folder under settings and also within that a folder called "Robohtml.exe". Attached is the image for your reference.

Registry.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmm, I'm all out of ideas. The only other thing would be a reboot. But if that doesn't work, then I have no other suggestions, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp