17 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2009 7:17 AM by Newsgroup_User

Problem creating app bundle for a mac project

Level 7
      Hi

I have a Director mac project and want to create an app bundle for it
      I've worked due to Technote from macromedia
      http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_16743&sliceId=1

It means I downloaded samle bundle referenced on that technote , and just
      copied my files into Content\macOs folder. Then the folder was reamined to
      app, and double clicked

But after that I get an error "Application Launch Failure" : The application
      "foo" could not be launched because of a shared library error: "<Projector
      Resources><ProjLib><><>"

What does this mean?

Library ProjLib is available in folder "Contens\MacOS"

Application is created with Macromedia Director MX 2004, version 10.1.

Any help will be appreciated
      Thanx in advance
      game_dev

• 1. Problem creating app bundle for a mac project
          fazstp Level 2
          That tech note refers to Director MX. Did you replace the DPLib, IMLLib, ProjLib, MacromediaRuntimeLib and Xtras with those from MX2004?

If you right-click (or ctrl-click) on
          /Applications/Macromedia Director MX 2004/Director MX 2004.app

and select Show Package Contents the relevant files are in
          /Applications/Macromedia Director MX 2004/Director MX 2004.app/Contents/MacOS/

• 2. Re: Problem creating app bundle for a mac project
            Level 7
            Hi Fazstp.

Thank you for reply
            I've just copied files DPLib, IMLLib, MacromediaRuntimeLib and ProjLib form
            folder Macromedia Director MX 2004:: Configuration::Cross Platform
            Resources:: Classic Mac OS into folder contents::MacOS and started the
            bundle again but the problem remains.

I did not found any other libs in macromedia Director MX folder. It Look
            strange but I had to copy the files from folder Classic Mac OS (which is
            designed for MacOS 9.x), but I need the files for macOS X. Can this be a
            reson of the problem?

It's very urgent... :-(

"fazstp" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:gqblh3$f8o$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > That tech note refers to Director MX. Did you replace the DPLib, IMLLib,
            > ProjLib, MacromediaRuntimeLib and Xtras with those from MX2004?
            >
            >

• 3. Re: Problem creating app bundle for a mac project
              fazstp Level 2
              You need to right-click or ctrl-click on the Director application itself. Select "Show package contents" from the drop-down menu. Look in Contents/MacOS/ within the application for the relevant files.
              • 4. Re: Problem creating app bundle for a mac project
                Level 7
                Sorry, but it does not help

It is the same - if I use - Libraries, that ware in sample bundle from
                technote, or if I use the libraries from Director-Application package as you
                described or if I delete libraies from that folder - I always get the same
                error - "Application Launch Failure" : The application
                "foo" could not be launched because of a shared library error: "<Projector
                Resources><ProjLib><><>"

Besides of this I notices following:
                If my application with file loader.osx is located in my work-folder - it
                starts ok on doueble click on file loader.osx
                But When I copy all files of my Director-project into folder Contents:MacOS
                of sample-bundle, downloaded from macromedia technote page(and before
                copying the content of project I simply deleted all files in Mac OS folder,
                just for test), and then try to start loader.osx, I get the same error as
                described above (and at this time folder foo is not an .app- it is usual
                folder)

Why does this happens?

news:gqd640$dd2$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                > You need to right-click or ctrl-click on the Director application itself.
                > Select "Show package contents" from the drop-down menu. Look in
                > Contents/MacOS/ within the application for the relevant files.

• 5. Re: Problem creating app bundle for a mac project
                  Level 7
                  So, I managed to start my application in bundle, that was build on example
                  from mentioned technote by using projector from that example
                  As fayst already mentioned, that example was build in Director MX and my
                  application was build in Director MX 2004
                  So, when started from that old projector, some features in my application
                  are not supported(flash objects do not get correct embedded fonts etc).
                  Therefore I need to compile my own projector under MX 2004.

I've just tried following - took again sample "foo" application from
                  mentioned axample, took it projector - stab.dir opened it in MX 2004 and
                  built new projector , then exchanged projector in sample bundle with new
                  compiled projector and started it - result: the same error as described
                  earlier ("Application Launch Failure" : The application
                  > "foo" could not be launched because of a shared library error: "<Projector
                  > Resources><ProjLib><><>")

After that I took new libraries DPLib, IMLLib, ProjLib, MacromediaRuntimeLib
                  from and copied them into MacOS folder of sample bundle - the same error on
                  start

Then I deleted all libraries from folder Content:MacOS and started projector
                  again - result is the same error as in both cases above

So what am I doing wrong and how can I start that example, compiled under MX
                  2004?

game_dev

"game_dev" <jorg.mann@gmx.de> wrote in message
                  news:gqb4st$oov$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                  > Hi
                  >
                  > I have a Director mac project and want to create an app bundle for it
                  > I've worked due to Technote from macromedia
                  > http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_16743&sliceId=1
                  >
                  > It means I downloaded samle bundle referenced on that technote , and just
                  > copied my files into Content\macOs folder. Then the folder was reamined to
                  > app, and double clicked
                  >
                  > But after that I get an error "Application Launch Failure" : The
                  > application "foo" could not be launched because of a shared library error:
                  > "<Projector Resources><ProjLib><><>"
                  >
                  > What does this mean?
                  >
                  > Library ProjLib is available in folder "Contens\MacOS"
                  >
                  > Application is created with Macromedia Director MX 2004, version 10.1.
                  > OS: Mac OS 10.5.6
                  >
                  > Any help will be appreciated
                  > Thanx in advance
                  > game_dev
                  >

• 6. Re: Problem creating app bundle for a mac project
                    fazstp Level 2
                    What are your publish settings? If you are including the xtras and libs in the bundle you only need the following;

Publish Settings > Projector > Player type > Shockwave
                    Files > Exclude all xtras

• 7. Problem creating app bundle for a mac project
                      fazstp Level 2
                      You can try this in OS X Director MX 2004 message window;

window().new( " http://home.iprimus.com.au/fazstp/PublishBundleMX2004.dir" ).open()

It requires BuddyAPI xtra but it should assemble a dir/dxr/dcr movie into a bundle for you. You will need to add external castlibs and other assets manually though.

Also it omits the MacOSClassic files so you will need to tinker if you want it to run in OS 9.
                      • 8. Re: Problem creating app bundle for a mac project
                        Level 7
                        I've tried this but it did not helped, I stil get the same error, when
                        creating a projector from sample file "stub.dir" under MX 2004
                        news:gqe1rr$hco$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                        > What are your publish settings? If you are including the xtras and libs in
                        > the bundle you only need the following;
                        >
                        > Publish Settings > Projector > Player type > Shockwave
                        > Files > Exclude all xtras
                        >
                        >

• 9. Re: Problem creating app bundle for a mac project
                          fazstp Level 2
                          What's the version info on your ProjLib and Projector Shockwave Resources files? (Get Info in Finder)

• 10. Re: Problem creating app bundle for a mac project
                            fazstp Level 2
                            Did you apply the shockwave player update?

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/director/updates/mx2004/mac/dir_sw_player_update_en.dmg

This contains updates for the standard player, DPLib and IMLLib as well as Flash and QT xtras.

• 11. Re: Problem creating app bundle for a mac project
                              Level 7
                              Thank you fazstp, for replies.

My version of all 4 libs, copied from Macromedia Director is 10.1r11

I downloaded newest shockwave player update, but it contains just 2
                              libraries (DPLib and IMLLib), both version 10.1.1r16
                              Exchange of this 2 libraries in my bundle did not helped, the same error
                              still appears and it references ProjLib Library as it always was

was there any updates for that library?
                              Is there any other ways to remove that annoying error?

news:gqr80j$8jr$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                              > What's the version info on your ProjLib and Projector Shockwave Resources
                              > files? (Get Info in Finder)
                              >
                              >

• 12. Re: Problem creating app bundle for a mac project
                                fazstp Level 2
                                Can you zip up a published bundle and upload it somewhere so I can download to test it on my Mac? That way I can see if it's your bundle or your system that is the problem.

• 13. Re: Problem creating app bundle for a mac project
                                  Level 7
                                  Hi

I've uploaded the file to http://www.lvivmedia.com/fontPr/foo.zip

regards
                                  game_dev

news:gr0v8o$f48$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                                  > Can you zip up a published bundle and upload it somewhere so I can
                                  > download to test it on my Mac? That way I can see if it's your bundle or
                                  > your system that is the problem.
                                  >
                                  >

• 14. Re: Problem creating app bundle for a mac project
                                    fazstp Level 2
                                    In your
                                    Publish Settings > Projector

tab try selecting
                                    Player Type > Shockwave

You seem to have published a standard player which already has the libs included.

• 15. Problem creating app bundle for a mac project
                                      fazstp Level 2
                                      What's the file info on your Projector Shockwave Resources file (ie. version, size, modified)?

/Applications/Macromedia Director MX 2004/Configuration/Projector Shockwave Resources

• 17. Re: Problem creating app bundle for a mac project
                                        Level 7
                                        Hi Fazstp

I've found the problem at last - it was the trial version of Director on my
                                        mac
                                        After I've compiled the projector under windows and put it on Mac,
                                        everything works OK

Thank you very much for everything

game_dev

news:gr3oef$1m7$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                                        >I have an OS X only bundle you can compare to;
                                        >
                                        > http://home.iprimus.com.au/fazstp/dk/dk.dmg
                                        >
                                        >