4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2011 11:00 AM by Jerry62712

Debugger URL?

Jerry62712 Level 1

Having spent too much time on it, what is the location of the Flash Player Debugger for Firefox 4?

• 1. Re: Debugger URL?
          Jerry62712 Level 1

More info:

According to the Adobe "Find Flash Player Version" (http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html), I have the debugging version installed.  But when I try to enter the debug mode under Flex 3 (yes, there is a reason I have to use the old version for this application at this time), it says there is no debugger installed.

I'm using Firefox 4 and Flash Player 10.3.181.14.

I want to debug it because when I change state within a component nothing is changing.  I recently took the input form and made it a component.  I also took the result form and made it one as well.

• 2. Re: Debugger URL?
            Flex harUI Adobe Employee

Make sure the browser that gets launched in debug mode is the same one you

used to test the version.

• 3. Re: Debugger URL?
              Jerry62712 Level 1

In both cases it is FF4.  A bigger problem just popped up (new thread) that has to be resolved first as I can't get past the error.  Sigh.

Here is the message for this problem:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash10n.ocx

Flex Builder cannot locate the required debugger version of Flash Player. You might need to install the debugger version of Flash Player 9 or reinstall Flex Builder.

Do you want to try to debug with the current version?

I can't find a place in Flex Builder where you specify the Flash Player version.  I've got 10.

• 4. Re: Debugger URL?
                Jerry62712 Level 1

As usual, you had the right of it.

KUDOS yet again.