2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2012 9:03 AM by FCR-Geilnau

Audition iPad application

spiridonas

Does anyone know if there is plan of adobe to make an audition application for iPad. There seem to be a few applications that offer audio editing but none have multitrack mixing and editing capabilities. It would really be very helpful to have this app on the road.  Thanks, Spiridon Nanos fireworks

• 1. Re: Audition iPad application
          SteveG(AudioMasters) Level 6

spiridonas wrote:

Does anyone know if there is plan of adobe to make an audition application for iPad. There seem to be a few applications that offer audio editing but none have multitrack mixing and editing capabilities.

You have to ask yourself why this is, really. Does your iPad have multiple inputs and outputs? Does it have a processor fast enough to support any amount of multitracking? I'll give you a clue about that one - it only has a 1gig dual-core processor, and even my sub-notebook does better than that; it's not really enough for any sensible multitrack performance at all, although adequate for stereo. The closest you are likely to get, and I can't really see that being particularly popular either, is an external control surface, I suspect. And that's entirely speculation on my part; it makes a lot more sense for Adobe to give access to external controllers that provide at least tactile feedback - as in real sliders and knobs. The real problem with just a remote app is that it would rely on your fingers to control it, and with the particular implementation on an iPad, that would give you very poor resolution of faders, etc. compared to what you can have, either with a mouse or real knobs.

So I'd guess that there isn't a plan - and it would be for eminently practical reasons, I think. It's not that the idea doesn't have its attractions - it's just that iPads simply aren't up to it.

• 2. Re: Audition iPad application
            FCR-Geilnau

I'm not sure, if i understand the first question in the right way. But i was looking for some Audition- and iPad- Apps too, to land at this page - and google means: i'm not the first here with some similary Keywords.

I think it is not a really a question of multible in- and outputs! I think not any solution for an AUDITION featured iPad App are failed at the processor speed or multitasking. You can send and receive a lot of information on many network ports over WLan and locally Networks.

Sure: it should be great to get nice LED-, Mixer and Soundwave-Effekts on your iPad - specially for any Girls around in and on my Pseudo-Studio ;-)

But it should be helpfuly engouh to transfer some lower-processed feature-windows like a Selection-List for any inserted Files in my MultiSession, or a panel of some feature- and action- Icons -  just as it still solved for example with Photoshop and there Remote Tool selection App - most of them are didn't realy need highspeed or multitasking!

And by the way:

It is a nice chance to produce great revenues on a low investment! Because the traget Audience are known as a really technology adepted usergroup (myself as well) and if such an App offers just a bigger Remote-Controle, more Screenspace to open lower frequented Interactions, an iPad 2 will be big, fast and "whatever-tasking" enough - i'm sure about that, because the actually Photoshop Touch App doesn't do anythings different and demonstrates it each day on Millions of iPad3's - even my iPad2 too. Since some minutes ago, i read about 6 Million Users and that for a Dollar each?! Nice revenues, very nice - even A LOT ;-)

So, i still hope for an App and if AUDITION works in the same way as Photoshop (listen to a port where any actions can requested and supported an Javascript based Macro language) maybe some users will try it first and get the money without any multitasking - just slim and fast enough - in the same way, as we programmed in the past ;-)

Sorry, for my lousy english. But i hope it was good enough to show you, what i mean (and i think the frist requester too.).